Search results

1. ZolaIII

Helm Audio Bolt Review (Portable DAC & Amp)

Cables are always problematic... The most elegant solution whose regular sized USB port with costume USB driver found on now old Tempotec Sonata iDSD & iDSD Plus flask alike portable DAC/AMPs. It enebled you to use regular cables (iOS/Android) and even slowly change phone (Android only) and...
  2. ZolaIII

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Recent BIOS upgrade is recommended right now, more so for AMD 500 series chipsets becos of the usb 2.0 controler issues and for the AGESA if you have something that has a use of it (new GPU's or Ryzen 5000 series CPU). While it's easy to do it it resetts all to default (including fan and GPU...
  3. ZolaIII

Best effort QC DAC underperformes even against now againg Sabre32 entry line ES9028KM2 (LG G7 rewiev) and has 2x less power than ES9601K. So very little use of high integration there and in the meantime QC actually downgraded future performance of their codec/parts. And that should be bottom end...
  4. ZolaIII

Well @Palfim guess what? The @IVX is a E1DA designer. Even R3Pro uses old CPU and USB it's one of the better SoM's for such. I find a BT control of playback of content streamed or on device's storage as the most useful, practical you can leave it laying in your pocket and do it all on the mobile...
  5. ZolaIII

@IVX well for the same lv of integration to keep thing's on pair CS43131 is equal to ES9028K2M (DAC and AMP) or ES9018K2M to CS43198 (no amp) but how ever you put it ESS is playing catchup and not very well. Simply CS43131 is very efficient and i think the Meizu dongle you mentioned is a...
  6. ZolaIII

Well it got to 36~40$ at it's lowest and yes it's the same (same PCB and all on it).
  7. ZolaIII

Let's face it CS is way above competition with its CS43131, CS43198 line's when it comes to power efficiency and the worst design so far mesured doesn't go under 106 dB SINAD. Cheap TempoTec Sonata HD Pro with all of it's flows is still king of the hill in this category. I would really like to...
  8. ZolaIII

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Cyrius is absolute sweet spot right now regarding performance for price along with leading efficiency so it should be a obvious choice. Only worrisome part is driver's support (universal ones work properly but even so).
  9. ZolaIII

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

That's absolutely correct, how ever let's talk now a bit about things that aren't taken in consideration as IMD (from DAC/AMP) and a fact that applied EQ values won't exactly translate the same to analog output especially those with ridiculous values. It's actually funny that people think how...
  10. ZolaIII

If you try to push it up while it distorts as it is it becames severe, basically trying to push them what they can't do. Pay attention to the subjective part of review where Amir says how female vocals sounded bad and recesed and while this is true it pins it down wrong to 1 KHz (in this case)...
  11. ZolaIII

Somehow dip in his measurements is at 5 KHz which is really bad and not at 3.5 KHz where its not that bad. Seems those distor really bad even out of the box under 70~80 Hz.
  12. ZolaIII

Just word of advice. When hedaphones can't be pushed up because it introduces distortion instead you push everything else down to EQ and effect is the same minus the distortion and the fact you need a little more juice to drive them. Something is wrong with this measurements obviously to big...
  13. ZolaIII

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

Well if you don't mind using HiBy Music try with HiBy R3 Pro DAP. You can't save EQ's but they are all adjustable and there's also MSEB (which you can save). It costs little less than this in Pro balanced form and uses same DAC's.
  14. ZolaIII

Poll: Do you like Harman's target curve for headphones bass response?

No it doesn't depend at all! Now please read a poll question as many time's as you need. So it's for and to the curve alone.
  15. ZolaIII

Introducing: Antdroid's Preference Target Curves

While this is what it should be if you have perfectly good hearing it leaves to be discovered how to scale it for people who don't and need the bass boost (more than rise on the mid highs upwards hump). But doing it not to smare transition between uper bass and lower mids (losing there for part...
  16. ZolaIII

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

Of course there will be a difference between bass reproduced on a loudspeakers which can't go that low, have much higher distortion there and who's energy in that area fades fast with distance. So reproduction of recorded materials (on speakers) which were reproduced later on hedaphones would...
  17. ZolaIII

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

ASR it sounds as it measures.
  18. ZolaIII

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

It's related to MB and how you push it (CPU), nice VU metres by the way.
  19. ZolaIII

Poll: Do you like Harman's target curve for headphones bass response?

Not only i don't like the bass boost but I hate Harman hump there, should be other way round (diffuse) even if I wanted some. I am convinced that our "experience" regarding bass there is more related to the state of our hearing, more bass more damaged it is. So after recent talk I think I should...
  20. ZolaIII

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

Well they had couple of slips by accident which warent all that bad like HF755 and HF750 (overblown Harman) EMI's and one over ear series 7 which followed traditional Japanese - Onkyo tuning and whosent available outside Japan until relatively recently. The XM4 is absolutely horrible in any manner.
Top Bottom