Search results

1. L

DAC burn-in/break-in? My Gustard X16 measurements

It looks like the dB diff between SE and XLR is less than 6.02dB. Does that mean the Vrms change is less than doubled? Since X16 scales well and SE is fixed at 2Vrms at 0dB, can we conclude that output from XLR at 0dB is less than 4Vrms in general or at least in this sample? I would consider it...
  2. L

One thing you need to watch out is that X16's xlr output may be too hot for your Solo's xlr/mic input. It's rated +9dBu which is around 2.18vRMS.
  3. L

@1k, I suspect xlr output is below 4Vrms. That's another issue. You may want to verify it @ 0dB.
  4. L

If not, the l/r attenuation circuit for rca may not have matching resistors.
  5. L

Just curious if XLRs from X16 have 0.2dB or more diff.
  6. L

Make sure you are using the same input channel at solo for testing X16's outputs.
  7. L

Strange. X16 max rca output at 3.3Vrms and E30 @2.145. how come X16 level is lower at 0dB. Also X16 spec says +-0.08dB level. I guess 0.2dB is near borderline.
  8. L

Are you using XLR or SE from X16? Also are you using mic/REW and testing DAC in-directly? What if the imbalance was introduced in later parts of the audio chain?
  9. L

In Amir's X16 review, there is a difference around 0.18dB from XLR output at 0dB given 1khz.
  10. L

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Feed X16 with bitperfect playback from Android APP - Hiby Music (free) and a DAP - lotoo paw 6000. Tested music encoded in DSD/MQA/PCM. All played at native mode. Couldn't be happier. Native playback DSD/PCM works with Windows 10 from foobar 2000 except MQA.
  11. L

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

A30 pro's pro outputs are pass thru. Hence they are balanced.
  12. L

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Checkout asr DAC review chart. Anything in the green zone and up is transparent. With XLR or pro balanced output is a must. Medium and low price range, you may consider gustard X16 or topping d30 pro(to be released) are talked about recently.
  13. L

Digital volume control vs analog volume control

Nice test. I am wondering if increasing R2 to 5k ohms or using balanced U pad will improve the THD+N or not.
  14. L

It's odd that it requires driver to work in Windows. Even my dap with proprietary os (non linux) can work with it thru usb without any drivers.
  15. L

Digital volume control vs analog volume control

My understanding is that each DAC has its best performance at 0dB with max. rms input. Using digital volume control in player software or DAC itself may be fine mathematically but the DAC performance will degrade during D to A if volume is too low. I am using digital volume control within 10dB...
  16. L

It looks like someone else had similar USB issue with that board: here
  17. L

Amazon Music HD is not too bad. One thing I find out is that it's *very* loud when playing the latest pop music in exclusive mode.
  18. L

For desktop listening, tried a pair of 20dB in-line XLR attenuators with 8030C input sensitivity set to 0dBu. DAC volume range 0 to -10 dB with or without another 10 dB adjustment in software player pretty covers all volume controls for me. I am going to build u-pads with 30 dB attenuation...
  19. L

I have a pair of 8030C on my desktop near two corners. A little bit over a meter from listen position. I don't feel the need for extra bass. There's plenty even after I set the corner dips for both.
Top Bottom