Search results

1. F

Audio and Video Quality in the News Media for Live Interviews.

Hi A bit of a rant. I (and many others here, despite claim to the contrary :D) am an audiophile. I am also a videophile. I am forever annoyed by the various audio and video distortions that have come to signify someone is "clearly" using the Internet to either conduct an audio or video...
  2. F

Room Size

Hi After many years of mostly listening to headphones, I am at a point where I have to resign myself with a smaller room than I anticipated. To make a long story short, Life has a way to derail the best plans. I anticipated building a room at least 6 x 4 x 3 meters... Time is passing thus ...
  3. F

Norsemen: The Series

Hi THis has to be one of the best series, I've watched in a while. Funny, Intelligent. Humour can be at times a bit mean or coarse but it never takes itself too seriously. One interesting thing. The movies is filmed in English and also, separately in Norwegian... The English delivery is funny...
  4. F

Sealed vs Ported vs Other-types...

Hi Call me a bass head if you will. I have posted many times my preference for multiple subwoofers, either Harman-Style or Geddes-style. I believe the best bass in a room can only be obtained with multiple subwoofers. For the longest time, I have held that sealed subwoofers are to be preferred...
  5. F

Dolby Atmos

Hi Confinement is a beach (on-purpose play on spelling)... I am forced to come up with ways not to get bored to death. We all are. I am working on a separate 2-channel system. I have opened a thread on that and am making sloooow progress. I already have a decent HT with the following...
  6. F

Vintage Yamaha NS-1000M or Linkwitz Speaker System

Hi I have been waiting too long for the perfect room in which to put an audio system. I had one, a very good one and with what I know now or better: A clear conscience of my ignorance, that room would have served me well. I am in need of a true full range 2-channel Audio System. I have a very...
  7. F

Using the Internet to link to a radio station

Hi Picking the brains of the collective .. A friend of mine needs to link to a radio station via the Internet to conduct his radio program from home. The radio is a regular FM radio station. What is the least expensive way to do it? I was thinking Skype at both ends and be done... He could...
  8. F

Acoustics Treatments and Acoustically Treated Rooms. Are these needed?

Hi Thread was inspired by,this thread: Photos of rooms with acoustic treatment products... Many beautiful rooms. I used to dream of such rooms and back in the days, had a concrete room room with a Forest of Tube Traps and DIY clones. I was, in fora a staunch proponent of Room treatments...
  9. F

Room Treatments in the Real World

Hi I use to be very certain about Room Treatments. It was a clear sign of a serious audiophile to have a pair of "Bass Traps" in the front corner, some RGP diffusors between the front speakers and if you really were a Big Time audiophile, a mixture of several of these contraptions along the...
  10. F

Fast Colors

Hi The movie business is interesting and complex. Movies cost a lot to make and sometimes as much to market. Hollywood has a knack to make big, megabucks , incredible successful movies. Tinsel Town seems to have find a way to tell stories that the World loves and market these appropriately...
  11. F

HT" 5.x vs 7.x vs Atmos

Hi I have an HT system that I enjoy immensely. It is cheap by audiophile standards but satisfies me. Denon AV-X3400H used as a Pre/Pro (It has unbalnaced output on all channels, including the Atmos ones) 3 JBL LSR 308 in Front 2 JBL LSR 305 for surround 3 Parts Express subwoofers miniDSp 2 x 4...
  12. F

Headphones Listening Levels: How to measure?

Hi I have used headphones as my main transducers for now 9 years (?!? Time flies :eek:).. During these times I have had a slew of DAC and amps none of these as good as my current ASR Special combo ( Khadas Tone Board + JDS Labs Atom) .. The Atom drives any headphones I have with aplomb and...
  13. F

Audio & Video Systems Automation

Hi I find this to be one extraordinarily frustrating area. One would think with all these talks about the IoT, it would be very easy to automate some things in the home .... Not yet: Audio Video Systems are for the most part hard to operate. Operating these are usually left to the more...
  14. F

How to measure Rooms with High Ambient Noise

Hi A bit on my system. L,C,R speakers : JBL LSR 308 Surround Speakers : JBL LSR 305 Subwoofers: 2 Parts Express 15 inch Powered Subwoofers, 1 Parts Express 10 inch Powered Subwoofer...
  15. F

How to EQ from SPOTIFY

Hi I converted an old PC as my music source. I will in due time install the ROON core on it it . I also listen from my work PC when I am traveling or in my office Question: How do I eq from SPOTIFY? on foobar and ROON, not a problem , .... with SPOTIFY no EQ. Output is USB from a PC, I'd like...
  16. F

Thresholds of diminishing returns for various components

Hi This came to me as I am pondering on my next move for an endgame system: I recently build a satisfying 5.3 HT based on inexpensive components. Total cost was in the vicinity of $4000: 3 JBL LSR 308 ................ $600 2 JBL LSR 305 ..................$250 3 Parts Express Subs....... $600...
  17. F

One of the Most Prestigious Highend Audio in Utah announces fully active speaker Line!!

Hi Folks , I never thought I would see that day. High End Audio News: High End Speaker manufacturer in Utah announces fully Active Speakers Line with DSP For those who think High End Audio is not evolving!!! WoW!!!
  18. F

Wireless Links in HT

Hi I need a wireless solution for the surround channels in my HT. Too many wires to run at the back of the room. Anyone here has used wireless links? What are your experiences with those? TIA
  19. F

Ramblings, opinions, thoughts, Musings on Audio Reproduction

Hi This thread was inspired by my journey as an audiophile. I would like it to be active and welcome members experiences,observations and advices Allow me to repeat a bit. I started very young, my father was an audiophile before the word... We went through the Quad ESL, Fisher, Mac Intosh...
  20. F

AUDIO INTERFACES, CROSSOVER, EQ, Active System ... DRC .... ;)

Hi I am interested to learn how DSP can help me get the best out of an Audio system . This site has convinced me that one doesn't need to spend an arm and a leg t get decent to great performance. I have an HT centered around a traditional (appliance) Pre/Pro and 5 JBL LSR 308. Bass duty will...
Top Bottom