Search results

1. W

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

If you need a tiny sub a jl E110 would be better for the money. If a little more space is available a rythmik or SVS would be way better for the money. this is coming from someone who owns and likes kef speakers.
  2. W

Does it go down to 20Hz at a level that humans can hear when listening at moderate volume? No.
  3. W

Was trying to answer why loudness contours were being brought up.
  4. W

See my post above. It’s a matter of dynamic HEADROOM needed in the sub. The sub needs to have the capability to produce 100dB at 20Hz if your typical listening level is 60 dB peak in the midrange(or A weighted).
  5. W

There seems to be some confusion in the thread. Ideally the frequency response of the sub should be even with the main speakers (allowing for a house curve if wanted). But the SPL headroom of the sub needs to be greater (i.e maximum output of 80dB at 20 Hz is insufficient) as the CONTENT often...
  6. W

Your smartphone is not measuring the level at 20Hz and is likely adding some weighting ( A or C weighting) . Play a 20Hz sign wave and use an SPL meter that is accurate down to 20Hz to get 80dB SPL. You wont think its loud. In fact its just above the threshold of human hearing, falling under...
  7. W

80 dB at 1 meter at 20Hz. In a typical room this will not be very audible . 100dB at listening position at 20Hz does not sound very loud. 100dB at 20 Hz sounds about as loud at 40dB SPL at 1 KHz
  8. W

Neumann KH120 for living room?

I own a pair of KH120s and like them a lot for nearfield use but I wouldn't pick them for my living room. As an experiment I tried listening to them loudly at 8 feet away and wasn't happy with the sound , I don't think they could handle the volume needed to fill most living rooms.
  9. W

Amplification for the Salon 2?

Depending on how loud you listen one AHB2 would be great, I used one and never saw the clipping light. If you listen loud or want lots of headroom for peace of mind then its hard (impossible?) to do better than a pair of AHB2's in bridged mono. For lower budget options a Purifi or Hypex amp...
  10. W

16-bit... It really is enough!

I agree that 16 bit 44.1KHz is generally enough for music distribution but not for recording , editing, mastering or playback. For music production it's helpful to have extra headroom as the peak may be unknown as well as the additive noise with multitracking discussed above. For playback...
  11. W

Sold: Raspberry Pi touch streamer for sale $150

Neither cover would fit with the HAT, so I did without a back cover
  12. W

ARX RS-1 XLR AB Switcher Review

if running off a 12V trigger, ignore the power supply and the two pins on the left, they are for a different use case ( public safety announcements in venues)
  13. W

ARX RS-1 XLR AB Switcher Review

I'm using the two pins on the right with the 2V trigger from my AVR, and no separate power supply. It stays on A unless my AVR is on. (the two pins on the left are not shorted or connected at all, they are for another use case w/o a 12V trigger supplied)
  14. W

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

I agree with mdsimon2, you are making a mistake with the gain structure here. There is no reason to have the DAC8 FS output greater than the sensitivity of your amp regardless of Dirac.
  15. W

Streaming fantasy for Dutch 8c?

Any streamer with a coax spdif output would work with a coax to xlr cable should work , otherwise the neutrik or Canare spdif to AES transformer will definitely work. The 8Cs support spdif https://support.dutchdutch.com/8c-aes3-input/...
  16. W

Streamer for Genelecs

The way streaming works is Taylor Swift gets all the money. Spotify will take the total pool of subscriber money and allocate a share based on overall plays. It’s not divided by subscriber.
  17. W

Streamer for Genelecs

To support the artists, to have a permanent library, to make sure I have an uncompressed file, habit. Just to clear , I rip them then play off a server. Would rather be able to download cc’d quality.
  18. W

Streamer for Genelecs

I haven’t done an abx test but Spotify sounds fine and the UI is far superior, for stuff that I really like I buy and rip the cds but will likely stop doing this someday.
  19. W

Streamer for Genelecs

I use Spotify and asset as a local server for cd quality music stored locally. I tried Tidal a few years ago but became frustrated with the lack of gapless support for MusicCast.
  20. W

Streamer for Genelecs

Yes, I’m happy with the Denon, it sounds transparent and serves my needs, audessy xt32 is very good using the app.
Top Bottom