Search results

1. D

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

I'm not using ASIO, I'm running WASAPI mode in Roon
  2. D

I advice everyone NOT to use this drivers. Causes audio drops on my M500...
  3. D

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

hnaha nice one! Actually, today an electrician came to check everything. We did try grounding the PC's chasis to the DAC's chjasis and the hum went down... there's definitely some grounding issues with this unit, or maybe it isn't grounded at all?
  4. D

All to same outlet. Unbalanced RCA (amp doesn't have balanced in), didn't try the ground wire (I'm scared my cat could grab it and get electrocutted somehow, silly?)
  5. D

Welcome to the club. I have the same issue. It IS a ground loop and my suspicion is that this DAC is the culprit. I also tried the iDfender, it change the hum a little bit when powered (but it introduces a low volume hissing noise). Frankly, I don't know what else to try, except buying a...
  6. D

Info. on new Matrix Audio mini-i

I wasn't considering Roon because of the 700-usd insane price tag, but then I found out they charge 100 usd per year, which was more reasonable. I'm currently using their trial and the software is way superior to others, so I'm definitely getting it at least for a year. Concerning MA lineup, I...
  7. D

I meant it as something that includes both a DAC and a streamer, but you comment has thrown me off a little. There's a user a couple of posts before mentioning this one keeps up to that topping D90, which costs double the price of the M500. What would you consider an upgrade from the m500? I...
  8. D

I'm reaaaally looking at this baby (pro version) as an upgrade from my SMSL M500. I can't find anything as versatile with MQA support in the 1000-1500 usd range, and I've looked at every brand out there.
  9. D

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

haha I don't think I'll hear them with an N95! Actually, I'm given the oportunity to sell my m500 and get the d90 adding a little difference of money. That's why I'm tempted to give it a try. I did a quick search on the thread and couldn't find big issues like the m500 had with firmware...
  10. D

That is a question I can't answer, haha. I'm looking for an upgrade, looking at something that has streaming, USB and MQA functions. I know this one can't stream, but it was my first choice before I got the SMSL m500. I found that I can get it in my country without paying too much in import...
  11. D

would you guys consider moving from a smsl m500 to a D90 (mqa) an upgrade?
  12. D

CXN or Creeky Ruby 2? Streamer/Preamp/DAC for Roon & TV Optical - Please Comment & Suggest

What a lucky coincidence you having both. Frankly. I want both in one, both a good/decent streamer and a good DAC. Right now I have my pc next to my DAC, but who knows in the future if I move? I was actually considering replacing the smsl with the CXN, but yes, the CXN would be plugged to my pc...
  13. D

CXN or Creeky Ruby 2? Streamer/Preamp/DAC for Roon & TV Optical - Please Comment & Suggest

how would the CXN v2 compared to a SMSL m500? I'm considering the CXN, but it's DAC seems inferior, at least in specs.
  14. D

it is connected to a grounded amp (via RCA, also tried adding an optical cable as well)
  15. D

Hi, Oklei, still waiting for this reply :(
  16. D

PC - DAC ground loop (GPU culprit)

Yeah, while it does reduce the hum, it adds it's noise, a high-pitch hiss which is more annoying. So so far: - When playing games: idefender with PSU - when not playing: idefender with psu disconnected (AKA, no positive or negative effects, but keeps me from having to unplug my usb cable)
  17. D

I was burrowed an Audioquest Hitterbug, didn't help unfortunately.
  18. D

amp is grounded (3 pin). How did you ground the m500?
  19. D

Hey there, could you please clarify this? I have a ground loop between the computer and the smsl m500 (whenver I connect the USB cable, even if the smsl m500 is unplugged from the current). My amp doesn't hava balanced ins, but it does have a digital in, do you mean to plug the smsl to the amp...
  20. D

I tried a laptop and the hum wasn't there, but the laptop wasn't connected to the power socket
Top Bottom