Search results

1. R

ZMF AUTEUR - Should I Bite? Update: I chomped!

I lived near Watford for 7 years, but now i'm in Spain. Same reason here, I'd love to send him some stuff to measure but not to the USA. :)
  2. R

The Eikons have a pleasant tonal balance no doubt. Any interest in sending them to Amir for measurement? I think there is a lack of measurements of ZMF cans which is understandable since they are a smaller operation without the ability or inclination to send dozens of loaner units out.... I'm...
  3. R

Hi Zach, thanks for chiming in. Take the ZMF Verite, disguise the fancy wood cups and give the headphone a Chi-Fi sounding name and send it to a ''reviewer'' and tell them it costs $299. I think there is zero chance they would say - Wow this $299 headphone is competitive with the Focal Clear...
  4. R

Looks like the Clear may be the one... or one of the ZMFs... I like Zach's tuning although I think his house sound is a bit too dark with a bit too much bass.
  5. R

I think I can help you there as I owned the LCD4 and Utopia for a year. The LCD4 with EQ is absolutely fantastic. I sent them to Austria to be measured and they have very low distortion so they take to EQ very well) If you want an all rounder for Classical to classic rock I'd choose LCD4...
  6. R

Hello! No worries :D I agree that the Auteur is an upgrade from the HD650. I just find it slightly annoying that the ZMF fan base is obsessed with the different woods, patterns, limited editions while ignoring the fact that in terms of sound quality these headphones are simply not worth...
  7. R

Dear Sir, How people hear headphones is highly subjective. People's preferences differ widely. I have EQed multiple headphones to the Harman target and they still sound different. I did not suggest that they will sound the same. I never said the HD650 is better than ZMF, all I said that was...
  8. R

Mjolnir Audio Pure Bipolar - Opinion on internal pictures

Hello everyone, Thanks to all for chiming in. The consensus on this issue is clear :D
  9. R

Yes, I know. A $100 Atom probably measures better but I find myself wondering if they would sound the same in a level matched blind test..... And no I've not committed to the purchase. I'm quite happy with my THX 789 but I just wonder if there is any merit to these more ''exotic'' discrete...
  10. R

No he makes stat amps using the same case but this is an amplifier for dynamic headphones....
  11. R

Hello everyone, Apologies for the late reply and thanks for the responses. I really wonder whether a beast like this amp would be distinguishable in a blind test from something like a THX 789 (my current amp)
  12. R

Hello Amir/Everyone, I need someone to evaluate the internals of this amp to see what's going on. It is supposedly a very high quality build and I have no reason to doubt this. Just wanted an expert opinion (if anything can be gleaned from these images). Does it look like it's worth $2100...
  13. R

Objectively measured/designed headphones?

I own the PSB M4U8 and can confirm that it sounds very good for an ANC headphone. Sound quality is much better than my Bose QC35 but the Bose has better comfort and ANC. My main headphone is an Audeze LCD4 which I EQ to the Harman Target. I'd say the M4U8 is a no brainer. I think it's...
  14. R

I would not trust any of the usual Youtube reviewers. I'm not saying they are being dishonest on purpose but a few points to keep in mind. I don't have references for my statements so you'll have to search for the info yourself. If that means you ignore everything I say that's fine too ;) 1...
  15. R

The Auteur is not an upgrade overall over the HD6XX IMHO. ZMF headphones are too expensive unless you care about the fancy wood and aesthetics. They are all too bulky to use on the move so I could not care less how they look when listening at home. I have had home demos with the Eikon (similar...
  16. R

Amir's TODO thread

HPA4 please! :)
  17. R

Review and Measurements of Linn Akurate DSM DAC/Streamer

Hi Amir, I'm happy to contact them on your behalf but I doubt I'd get a a response... Are you against the idea of buying from a store with a generous return policy like Sweetwater and sending it back after measurements? I'd be happy to assist with this as well but living in the UK complicates...
  18. R

Review and Measurements of Linn Akurate DSM DAC/Streamer

Hi Amir, Any chance of you reviewing these 2 pro audio DACS? 1. Dangerous Music Convert 2 2. Crane Song Solaris The companies seems to be revered in the pro audio world which is a good sign I guess but I'd love to see some independent measurements. Thanks!
  19. R

Steve Guttenberg just posted a YouTube video about ASR

I think Rtings does a good job of independent headphone reviews. All units are bought at retail price. No flowery prose just pratical descriptions of the sound quality with high quality measurements to back it up. Steve should look into it. He might get a clue by accident :D...
  20. R

Review and Measurements of Soekris dac1421 Multibit DAC

This is the way a manufacturer should conduct himself. Hats off to Soren for sending a unit for testing. I'm much more likely to consider Soekris products going forward.
Top Bottom