Search results

1. Darvis

Dirac in the 2021 Onkyo AVRs

Yeah, so it seems we already have to add the cost of a mic upgrade to the initial price... Well, it's still cheaper than nad.
  2. Darvis

Indeed, there's something fishy about all this, that I chose to ignore ;) Alternatively, maybe Dirac changed its pricing strategy to be able to enter mass market?
  3. Darvis

KEF LS 50 Meta: NAD C 326BEE a good match/stands suggestions

It depends on how loud you like to listen and ho big your room is I guess... It's not super powerful but should be competent enough. Stands: any cheap stand that you can fill with something will be very sturdy and even Labrador proof... No promise for kids though.
  4. Darvis

Replying to my own post... Dirac would be available from the $899 receiver and up. https://www.cnet.com/news/onkyo-and-pioneers-2021-receivers-back-in-black-with-8k-video/ I may be wrong but I don't think Dirac has ever been that affordable in a receiver. I'm salivating.
  5. Darvis

Lost in the jungle of suitable AVRs

Quick, no time to waste!
  6. Darvis

It seems to be confirmed: https://www.cnet.com/news/onkyo-and-pioneers-2021-receivers-offer-8k-video-and-two-way-bluetooth/ I guess in Pioneer as well.
  7. Darvis

Best SUB for KEF ls50 wireless II

In Europe the value options are XTZ, BK and Arendal. You can't go wrong with these 3 musketeers.
  8. Darvis

Looking for measurements of Elac Carina fs 247.4 and Wharfedale Evo 4.4

I would love to see them in situ, I'm afraid the finish they chose could look bad.
  9. Darvis

Denon AVR-X3700H Vs existing Yamaha AVR

It's such a pity they discontinued that range.
  10. Darvis

Audyssey abandoned?

4300€ for the Rotel receiver...
  11. Darvis

Audyssey abandoned?

Sweet! It's an excellent news.
  12. Darvis

No love for Magnepan???

There must be CIA black sites visually more inviting and warm, but it must sound phenomenal ;)
  13. Darvis

Anthem STR Integrated vs MiniDSP+Purifi

Alexanderc pointed to a new NAD amp (in an other thread) that you should consider as well: https://nadelectronics.com/product/m33-bluos-streaming-dac-amplifier/ I know I don't answer your question and I'm actually adding more headache but best you know about it :D
  14. Darvis

Revel f206 versus kef r7

Good catch, it could be perfect for your need.
  15. Darvis

Revel f206 versus kef r7

Did you make your choice about an amp BTW?
  16. Darvis

Smart phone for less, a lot less ...

Not only Tesla, plenty of car makers are now enthralled by this touch screen fuckery.
  17. Darvis

Recommended receiver for my system

That's a difficult one to answer. You can check the list given by Chrispy. The "cheap" ones are from NAD but they seem a bit buggy and don't measure well. Their new 778 hasn't been tested though and it looks different enough in its conception. There's Arcam too, but same story basically. Emotiva...
  18. Darvis

No, I wouldn't say that, but if arc doesn't work in your room there's a chance dirac will. And since you're itching to test something else anyway, it would be more interesting to test something else entirely. That being said, my advice is to sit back and enjoy what you have.
  19. Darvis

Smart phone for less, a lot less ...

My very old iPhone 4 is in the clumsy hands of my mom now and still usable. That being said, I'm not sure keeping an iPhone that long is a good idea. They sure work OK for a longer time than other brands but after a (long) while they become an irritant, too slow, exhausted battery etc. What...
  20. Darvis

I'm pretty sure you won't hear any difference between the 720 and 1120. The 1120 is a little more powerful but you already have external power amps so you don't give two shits about that. Getting back a discount on your 720 is never a bad idea though ;) For ARC it's a bummer. It was awesome in...
Top Bottom