Search results

1. Jerry Sobel

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

I owned one of these for over a year and I hated the sound. It was very bright sounding. I spoke with the company and they kept telling me it needed more "burn in" time. Load of crapola. In the end, I had to get ride of it.
  2. Jerry Sobel

Is there a difference between a usb 2.0 port and audio grade usb 2.0 port

Another related question. From a measurement perspective is an AES connection to the DAC similar, better or worse than a connection by USB from the music server?
  3. Jerry Sobel

when I ask the companies what the difference is they say better quality....Haha
  4. Jerry Sobel

I cannot seem to fin out the answer to this when I search the internet and maybe that is because it’s a hyped up thing and not real. When I look at music servers some of the more expensive units tout having audio grade USB ports for better music playback. Is there really a measurable difference...
  5. Jerry Sobel

Subwoofer integration into home theater set up

It was a long time ago and I cannot completely remember. I think I just went ith the bass management and minidsp and did not use the separate subwoofer program.
  6. Jerry Sobel

Hi, yes I did figure it all out. Thanks for asking.
  7. Jerry Sobel

Benchmark HPA4 based on THX AAA Amplifier

Has anyone heard or own the LA4? I have been thinking about getting one to put into my Benchmark system.
  8. Jerry Sobel

It is the DDRC-88A. The Phoenix plugs I had never used before either. They work great. I had one faulty one and mimiDSP sent me an entire new unit.
  9. Jerry Sobel

What music servers do members use

Silent PC? Do you mean fanless?
  10. Jerry Sobel

I have money to spend but I do not want to buy something if it will be no better than what I have. I have learned the hard way but this forum has set me straight and educated me.
  11. Jerry Sobel

My QNAP is not SSD. I care about sound quality as Roon interface runs just fine with QNAP. I have a Benchmark DAC and am very happy with it. Thank you
  12. Jerry Sobel

I was running WHS 2011 on a,device called AssetNAS. I had a recent power outage and the OS got corrupted and I can longer access the desktop so it is useless. I had copy of my music on my QNAP so I added Roon core to that and started using it the other night. It would be nice to recover my...
  13. Jerry Sobel

Will Roon Bridge run my server?
  14. Jerry Sobel

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of Windows home server 2011?
  15. Jerry Sobel

My music server just crashed because of a power failure. It runs Windows Home Server 2011 and some of the files got corrupted either when power went off or back on. I am not able to find a copy of the program as it was last supported about 5 years ago. So I need to get something that runs Roon...
Top Bottom