Search results

1. Olli

Subwoofers with Parametric EQ

Ad 3: 4 subs in my (small - 4x 5x 3,3 m) room made a difference vs 2. Note that this is req‘ed, similar to something like antimode.
  2. Olli

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

Shipping 2 F18s to Germany was 350 USD total.
  3. Olli

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

Since you have not found time to set it up - Wouldn‘t that be a great opportunity to send it to Amir to get reviewed :)
  4. Olli

Roon Music Player and Library Management Software Review

Great to hear that you are enjoying Roon now as well! Can‘t wait for new hacks from you how to eg integrate Room Shaper with Roon?
  5. Olli

Best bang for the buck subwoofer according to ASR

They do ship to EU. Just write to them. I got F18s and F8s shipped to Germany, superb customer service.
  6. Olli

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

There are 2 other UHD players claiming to have an excellent audio section: Panasonic UB9004 und Pioneer LX-500. @amirm - any of these up for review in the near future?
  7. Olli

JBL Synthesis AVR and Processor with Dirac

Is it’s digital out a duplication of an analog out -> can you connect an external DAC for e.g. Channel 1+ 2/mains?
  8. Olli

Neutral bookshelf speakers @ $2000?

705 i is below 2 K...
  9. Olli

Neutral bookshelf speakers @ $2000?

You could also try JBL‘s 705 or 708 „i“.
  10. Olli

Best bang for the buck subwoofer according to ASR

Check this out: https://data-bass.com/#/systems?_k=txtlja
  11. Olli

Cheapest transparent DAC with optical?

and what was up with the designer :-)
  12. Olli

Cheapest transparent DAC with optical?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-loxjie-d10-dac-hp-amp.8699/
  13. Olli

Basic Measurements of Spectral DMA 260

I know, the DMA 180 does not have that issue. A friend has this one (230V) and it is absolutely hum-free.
  14. Olli

Basic Measurements of Spectral DMA 260

yes, It‘s a 230v version issue that sucks big time. I put it in another room and drilled a hole through the wall :-) no kidding.
  15. Olli

DAC recommendation

I think you are right. My Roon core is on a Mac, I remember that it did not work with my Linux based Audioserver (Audiostore Prestige, OS: Sonicorbiter/Nova)
  16. Olli

Motu 624 Audio Interface Review

Interesting. What HT setup do you have in mind? I was thinking about the same, but couln't find a processor with at least 20 digital outs that does Auro 3D, DTS and Atmos.
  17. Olli

DAC recommendation

Got you. So you need at least 6 Channels? You can connect 2 more DACs to the Adi 2 Pro, via SPDIF and/or AES. But that makes the package a bit expensive. I have a Benchmark DAC3/AHB2 for the mains (passive XO) and 4 cascaded (stereo) subs with the ADI 2 Pro. I also have a MOTO Ultralite MK4...
  18. Olli

DAC recommendation

Roon has a convolver to load the filters. You don’t need to load them into the DAC.
  19. Olli

Built quality JBL 705 i speakers

Another great bang for the buck at 800 USD/EUR seems to be the KEF R3. In my use case (wall mounting) the 705 should still do better - it’s front ported, whereas Revel and KEF are rear ported.
  20. Olli

DAC recommendation

RME ADI-2 Pro. 8 CH DAC with 4 analogue and 4 digital outputs. I am also using it with Audiolense in a 2.2 and a 2.4 setup.
Top Bottom