Search results

1. G

Best bang for the buck subwoofer according to ASR

I always use the "auto target" to maybe thats why? i also haven't confirmed the "post correction" results in REW, but I will next time I reconfigure my system (which should be soon!) for fun - here was one of the sc-10's measurement before correction: by contrast, my elac debut 2.0 b6.2's...
  2. G

Eh, its really not good, let alone great. I'm not sure if its the EQ (though I am running dirac on them via my xmc-1), but when the sc-1250 worked, it was far better, got louder and deeper compared to my xli 2500. Oh well, when I upgrade my living room HT setup, I'll swap them over to my office...
  3. G

I get it - monoprice monolith series are a great option for you. I'm honestly still kinda leaning toward them because they are tanks, have xlr in and out (which is a huge plus to me as well), and somehow even the 10" goes super super low
  4. G

I was...and then the SC-1250 started popping and buzzing. I sent it off for repair earlier this year, came back still broken. Sent if off again, but had to be refunded as they couldn't fix it. So we're both in the same situation. I always suspected something was up as they sounded not good when...
  5. G

right, i just meant for nearfield and music for the sc-10 upgrades. I'd like to re-use them as they were cheap/free and I think they would be a good addition to my office.
  6. G

@jhaider i feel like you're me, from the future. I too have 2x SC-10's and that is what I currently have in my HT setup but will be transitioning to my office nearfield setup once I figure out my HT. Not to derail too much, but was the dayton upgrade worth it? The velodynes were very cheap for...
  7. G

On the other hand - it double DSP a bad thing? There are inherently some benefits to using a "kit" (whether its a premade sub package or a PE kit with the amp) as it may require less fiddling than a complete custom route with a dumb amp. For me, I already have Dirac on my processor, and the...
  8. G

quick (possibly dumb) question - alot of the diy systems or kits specify dsp, whether its built into the plate amp or in the external box (inuke built in dsp in the VBSS for example). If you had dirac built into your pre amp, would any of that be needed? I guess I'm most curious about this...
  9. G

DIY Switcher w/ Volume Control & Effects Loop

Man I have the same problems (or similar enough, minus the EQ). I have need for switchable inputs (easy) and switchable outputs, some that are full line level (1 to headamp, 1 to tube amp with volume control), some that are volume controlled (go to amps/monitors). Right now I have this for...
  10. G

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

I'm not sure HTPC's are the solution. Last time I checked in (which was maybe a year ago?) you had to have very new hardware not for power, but rather because only the new stuff had the correct encoders/decoders to decrypt all this nonsense. Off the top of my head you had to be running...
  11. G

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

Yeah....but...the minidsp stuff doesn't do decoding, which is kinda what we need and want from these devices. So I'm not sure thats a legit option either. I have and XMC-1 (and ps audio directstream dac - got beat up twice in the last week). But I concur - how hard can it be for these devices to...
  12. G

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

ooohhh, thats a very good point. Ok, I'll try to work on that this weekend (i think it'll take some doing to align them at the beginning).
  13. G

but paul has also said in OTHER videos that they lean on what they hear and will throw out measured results in favor of subjective listening. He is seemingly proud of this fact too.
  14. G

I think you underestimate how much they are upsampling - the DS sr and JR both "Upsamples PCM and DSD to 20x DSD rate ". So they upsample a ton no matter what you feed into it, so I can't feed anything "native" in. There is also no way to defeat this...
  15. G

Seems to have made the latency SLIGHTLY worse - I believe the dac upsamples to a higher DSD rate no matter what, so maybe no matter what it won't make a difference. Ok, I have the video file, but would rather not share publicly. PM me for the download link
  16. G

Right - to clarify, the same signal is being fed to both via grouped zones on Roon. Latency isn't super noticeable on vocal stuff, but with high tempo tracks (daft punk) its noticeable. However, the play rate (I need another term for this) is definitely slower - it doesn't seem to effect...
  17. G

I have a bit of an odd question pertaining to the PS Audio DS DAC - I have the Junior, and I always liked it, while at the same time I realize it may not be "hi fidelity" but at the time I purchased it, it was one of few out there with networked roon integration and all the other features I...
  18. G

Any measurement on Gryphon Diablo 300?

Right.... but I never mentioned performance or subjective views on how it sounded. There were comments above regarding looks and having seen and used it first hand, I say that it looks and feels price appropriate
  19. G

Any measurement on Gryphon Diablo 300?

Not much to contribute, but I've heard one of these pushing some Magico's not too long ago at Goodwin's high end (in Boston suburbs). It its a great looking piece, solid ergonomics. When you look at it, you just know its expensive (opposed to some Sim Audio stuff IMHO). But hard to find dealers...
  20. G

Thoughts on tubed preamps?

Honestly, this is the most helpful answer. As you could probably tell, I was/am struggling in my original post in terms of how to juggle my desire for "the best" in all things (this is a personal fault of mine, and I usually defer to objective measurements). I think I'm turning a corner a bit...
Top Bottom