Search results

1. M

EON615 JBL woofer directivity control waveguide

Wow. I noticed this from JBL but never gave it a thought. We have a similar mod here in the guitar amp/speaker world -where the extremely narrow dispersion in the upper frequencies from the speakers used is a known PITA and the bane of consistent tone spread from the stage. A fellow named Jay...
  2. M

A few Adcom GFA 555 questions

Thank you.
  3. M

There is a fellow named Jim Williams of Audio Upgrades that has been doing services for various pro audio gear including some Adcom amp upgrades. He may be closer to retirement these days(?) but I believe I'll give him a call and ask. I appreciate all the folks here helping me out by the way. :>)
  4. M

I wouldn't feel competent enough to do internal tests. Perhaps I should skip to the question; Should the amp, this age, be shipped to someone for refurbishing? There is one other consideration or option. I have two sets of SP Tech speakers. What I do now for one or the other is swap the speaker...
  5. M

No, it was mVolts at the speaker terminals with the speakers disconnected. add.. My recent unsuccessful search to find the source I used I came across some things that were similar and perhaps incorrectly picked up the term 'bias check.
  6. M

I did the 'bias drift check a few years ago on the output lugs to be ok -per some instructions I found at the time. (I don't recall the number, nor find the source I used at the time.) I assume some components degrade in time correct? Perhaps one question I should ask; If amps like these do...
  7. M

I've been running this original version of the amp since new -(1985 to 90 perhaps?) and wanted to ask a few questions. First to it's continued safe use given it's age and concern for some very nice speakers I would hate to see harmed. Second is simply might there be possible sonic improvements...
  8. M

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Ooops that was wrong. Now I see there has been more discussion (I didn't see until I posted. Sorry about that.
  9. M

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I followed your posts here and over there. Sadly no responses. Hard to know if it was 'wrong corner of the forum, or maybe a 'not this again. On one hand I realize my ears and I are long past perusing hardware differences like this, the tech side of me is still very interested...
  10. M

How long have you owned your current speakers for.

JBLs flanked by electrics and acoustic :>) Sounds like 'Home' to me. :>) (There's a pair of old 4311's out back inherited from my upright bass playin' brother in law :>)
  11. M

How long have you owned your current speakers for.

This thread would key in well with the 'What percent of your investment are speakers thread. :>) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/poll-what-of-your-system-investment-is-in-your-speakers.9221/ This was a one time (for me) big 'all in jump for these about 18 years ago...
  12. M

The precedence effekt - very important för the sound enthusiast

I found this post from the link particularly interesting. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=7175004&postcount=120
  13. M

The precedence effekt - very important för the sound enthusiast

I'd like to offer a counter to this. The the part of the precedence effect you're referring to is the problem of the delayed version of a source being perceived as being part of the source. While the combined effects of direct plus delayed paths begin, well anywhere greater than zero MS, they...
Top Bottom