Search results

1. K

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I wouldn't stress over it at this price range youre not going to hear any audible difference. Measurements are a nice intellectual exercise. If you are happy with the price of what you got then stick with it.
  2. K

With 58x I haven't got past 12 on low gain
  3. K

Serious question-How do you deal with people thinking a DAC has a SOUND SIGNATURE?

I think @solderdude got it when stated that dacs can be differentiated based on 'technical performance' (as in what ASR does). Having recently upgraded all my kit I honestly can not tell any difference between my old android usb dongle dac, old $20 TV dac and my new desktop dac when connected...
  4. K

Would be interested to hear your findings. Please report back. Unfortunately lots of people just take amir's sinad number and assume it's the be all and end all of quality. So your views comparing two devices side by side would be helpful
  5. K

cheap way to bluetooth enable my dac that wont ruin quality

Ok Thanks. That receiver looks like it supports aptx HD which in theory should get you 24/48 streaming . https://www.aptx.com/aptx-hd If you can only get 16/44 then I might as well stick to streaming to my XBOX as thats what I am geting now anyways
  6. K

It's a fiio k5 pro doesn't have Bluetooth. I can stream now via phone dnla to Xbox one to optical out to dac. But I noticed that you can apply eq via the Xbox which got me suspicious as to what was doing the decoding or that Xbox was manipulating the sound. Also when I stream hi res files the...
  7. K

anybody have any experience with using those cheap CSR8675 bluetooth receivers from aliexpress to stream to a dac. Since they support optical out does this mean it will be my desktop dac that will do the decoding ? i.e does optical out always bypass the onbaord dac.? I dont really want...
  8. K

and my K5 pro has arrived. liking it .nice full sound . I dont have anything other than my portable units like the SMSL IQ. to compare it to. The k5 pro sounds richer and powers my 58x effortlessly. But its not night and day. I guess if you are chasing the last 5% in quality then you...
  9. K

Yes I understand but your initial statement was very alarmist.. whereas @amirm states in his conclusion that the the k5 pro is a pretty decent device.
  10. K

And this means what in real terms?
  11. K

So I noticed that the manufacturer specs stats a SNR of 115 whereas here we have a SINAD of 80 something. Is Fiio just flat out lying or are they two different things? EDIT: I found out that as stated by @amirm SINAD takes into account distortion so not the same as SNR.
  12. K

gain vs power

Ok thanks I think I understand now. So assuming my amp has decent power to begin with, as long as I can get enough volume to comfortable listen without needing to go to Max then I needn't worry about using gain
  13. K

gain vs power

apologies if this is a dumb question - I was wondering is there a difference between the underlying power an amp puts out to drive headphones vs its gain . So say I am using a JDS Atom with 300ohm headphones, does it make a difference to the performance of the headphone if I am listening at...
  14. K

Is topping NX4 the best desktop option sub $200?

thanks for all the help everyone - some good discussion. Think i might go with the K5 pro - its well within my price range and reviews seem good. At the end of the day I just need a half decent dac/amp that can run my 58x to their full potential. Bonus is that I checked and its available...
  15. K

Yep what's the verdict on the v2 version?
  16. K

Another option would be the dx3 pro but unsure about the v2 version as they changed the headphone amp which changed the specs and this version hasn't been tested here
  17. K

yep I realize that, but looking over objective + subjective reviews looks like its the best performing option across both classes in this price range . Note i'll be driving Senn HD58x .
  18. K

Looking for a desktop solution . Have ruled out modi 3 plus jds atom as after shipping they are pushing 250+. After the NX4 anything else worth considering?
  19. K

Review and Measurements of NAD C 320BEE PWR Amplifier

I have had this amp for ages , at the moment its sitting around connected to the TV and only gets used occasionally for family movie nights. Sound from the headphone out (even on my modest sennheiser's ) is actually quite decent when I stream music to the TV even though I am just running a...
Top Bottom