Search results

1. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

Until I find it you may find this article interesting to read on that subject.
  2. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

Well, I thought I read it on this forum but, as @amirm didn't put a link, I'm not so sure anymore. I'll try to find it and put a link.
  3. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

IMHO that is hardly a dilemma - now you have a unique opportunity to compare two respectable room EQ systems. You have put great effort to test a huge number of DACs and headphone amps so further tests of such equipment can wait a little. That is of course only my personal opinion.. :)
  4. Krunok

Exactly. So your both speakers response measured with REW actually gives a good pictures of LF range, which is the one that is being corrected by EQ system. For that reason I think it is enough that you repeat the same measurement of both speakers response with Dirac and once you overlay it with...
  5. Krunok

Are you saying that you measured response of the both speakers with REW when you were doing control of the effects of Lyngdorf's calibration? If that is the case IMO that is ok as with LF it is the response of both speakers that matters. Don't you think so?
  6. Krunok

Sure. Actually I would expect that the setup procedure is always such that you measure each speaker separately and only to control the filter effects with both speaker playing, in addition to control each speaker response as well.
  7. Krunok

I don't really think you need to hold Lyngdorf longer to do that. As far as I was able to understand you did setup of RoomPerfect EQ exactly according to the manufacturers procedure and the software created filters in a way it was supposed to do. If you do the same procedure with your Dirac...
  8. Krunok

@amirm Wouldn't it be interesting to have a comparison between RoomPerfect EQ and Dirac in terms of how they managed to correct the response of your room/speakers? You only need to measure Dirac filters with both speakers response in the same way you did for RoomPerfect EQ and overlay them and...
  9. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

Analog attenuation between say DAC and amp will bring both signal and noise down but amp is anyhow more noisy than DAC so if you measure noise at the amp outputs chances are you will see no difference in noise between analog pot and digital volume control in DAC chip. Chances are also DAC volume...
  10. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

It has been discussed in detail on this forum in a dedicated thread. IIRC it has also been measured. Use search and educate yourself..
  11. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

:facepalm:
  12. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

Lowering the volume actually decreases signal to noise ratio as signal is pushed down to noise floor when volume is lowered. In this process it is totally irrelevant if volume is decreased by pot or by digital volume control.
  13. Krunok

Wow, thanks a lot! Btw, my speakers are in my living room and wife would never agree to change carpet she picked up recently only to have better sound! :D Anyhow, i don't watch movies with Harlechs, only music, and not Bach or other organ stuff, so bass response from 32Hz actually works pretty...
  14. Krunok

Topping D70 DAC

Can you explain in full technical detail how exactly would pot do that?
  15. Krunok

This looks excellent, I'm sure it sounds equally well! :)
  16. Krunok

Here is how it looks with my speakers. These 2 measurements were taken 1.5 feet of the left and right from the center of LP. They are not as consistent as yours, but still pretty similar. (1/6 smoothing) Same thing shown with the measurement from center of the LP: (L and R 1/6 smoothing...
  17. Krunok

Here is a sweep of both speakers playing (same as Amir did), can you please join this graph as the comparison will be more meaningful? Thank you!
  18. Krunok

I was thinking he uses the same graph you already made and overlay it with the sine sweep measurement of my both speakers playing (the way you did your measurement), so we can have more meaningful comparison.
  19. Krunok

"Destroy" seems like a more appropriate word to me! :D
  20. Krunok

Wow, thank you for the effort you took to make this! I will repeat the measurement with one speaker and kindly ask if you can join it with @amirm graph once more as you get more relevant bass response when measuring both speakers.
Top Bottom