Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

I have spend the whole day on switching back and forth between 4 dacs. DX3 Pro (original unmodified) DX3 Pro (modified but standard OPA1612) Khadas Tone Board (in temporary alu case from SMSL Sanskrit) LKS ES9018 (CCS I/V AD797 Class A / opa1612 buffer) They all have their strengths and...
  2. C

I think how things sound is a personal thing. I can understand some people liking the forward sound of the Khadas. it certainly pairs very well with certain music styles that are a bit calmer I just feel it gets lost in chaos a bit with some of the faster rougher tracks that I listen to. It...
  3. C

Tried them with my headphones and my lehman (burson V6 or Sparkos SS3602) headphone amp behind it and then the ES9038 sounds better. So I guess I have two DACs now doing their own jobs. The DX3 Pro can keep feeding my speakers whereas the ES9038 is well suitable for my cans. With the Lehman...
  4. C

Sorry for that Laptop -- powered usb hub - USB signal and power purifier - DAC - QMS Q5 active speakers. So yes directly from DAC into active speakers. Just like I test all my DACs. If I use headphones i'd use the Lehmann in this case. Haven't tried headphones yet. It's time for my afternoon...
  5. C

Received my Khadas and I'm just going to spit it out. Any burn in difference registered with any of you guys? Because to me it doesn't sound that great. My old ES9018 beats it and the DX3 Pro too. Don't know what the fuzz is about. Yes the DAC apparently measures good but doesn't sound very...
  6. C

Before spring festival they were out of stock. I talked directly to the factory then. And during spring festival not much happened. No shipping company is open at that time. Now they are in stock again. Everyone should receive them soon.
  7. C

Well I'm already using an USB purifier for signal and power between the lines. And a good USB cable. The purifier sticks straight into the laptop. I might change it to the hub with its own supply. And all the AC comes from Weiduka outlets which are filtered. It's not best case scenario but...
  8. C

Did anyone measure if there is an improvement of using a seperate power supply with the Khadas? In looking into this LPS that can take USB in and out to feed it over one cable with clean juice. 【USB 电源净化器 过滤噪声 25W直流线性电源 数字界面 CAS】https://m.tb.cn/h.3FkMKwb?sm=d94af6...
  9. C

My Khadas is on the way. I'll compare it directly to the DX3 Pro (modified and unmodified). Since I'm in China it's hard to get the audiophonics case delivered in time so I decided to modify one on my own from a taobao shop. 【88*38...
  10. C

Khadas tone board out of stock. ?

That doesn't sound good. I hope you guys will have more luck soon. I've spoken to the company directly through taobao and they seem really nice people. Direct and fast in their response. I like their attitude on their products also. Open source etc. The board was out of stock two weeks ago...
  11. C

Khadas tone board out of stock. ?

Mine is shipped today from within China. The popularity caught them off guard. The review on this forum did a lot of good marketing for them. I should have it within three days. Excited to test it against the DX3 Pro (modified and unmodified). It's a pity I can't get the case here in china yet...
  12. C

Khadas Tone Board

Seems legit. I ordered one on taobao for €83
  13. C

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Id almost wish I could replicate this myself. But I really don't have any issues with any of my units. I also really wonder what is causing it and why I don't have any issues on 1808/1812/1901 batches. I swapped out my LPS for switching brick for a while but nothing bad either. I went over...
  14. C

I saw the USB isolators they have but they are quite expensive. I do have interest in the Holo audio one though. The shop is mainly selling stuff that works and they have a good range of measuring equipment themselves. I intend to send my DACs to them and ask them to do some measurements for me...
  15. C

I think the PSUs above are a bit overkill... They cost more than the device itself..... A lot more...
  16. C

Nothing to do with color. I have 3 different batches here. 1808 1812 1901 all have been working flawlessly. I do think a good PSU helps. I got a good PSU from the start and didn't run into any issues. Topping themselves hinted on the switching supply maybe being the issue. I would look into...
  17. C

Active speakers? What have you tried so far?
  18. C

Read my posts. I never claimed such things. Except when I rolled OPAMPS.. an ACTIVE component! And changing value size on dac output caps. Other than that. A switching supply that can't provide enough grunt to drive some headphones against one that can is easy to spot too.. You're just full it...
  19. C

and there we go. A guy complaining about other posting stuff without proper backing up the post.. and there you go.. can't back it up. You don't think I have two devices? or what? browse back please.. and read my posts including photos... You're hopeless man.. all you can do is negative and...
  20. C

now you owe me an explaination. where is the lie? and please make it good.
Top Bottom