Search results

1. amirm

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I grab whatever charger I have handy including a number of phone chargers. No issues at all. I suggest using branded ones though for safety reasons (Apple, Samsung, LG, etc.).
  2. amirm

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

The carpet is called "modern shag." :) I especially picked it to be thick to eliminate floor bounce and to reduce RT60. It worked wonderfully for that. It is also great to sit on it to assemble computers and such. But boy, you better not lose a screw in there. It will never be found as...
  3. amirm

SOLD RME ADI-2 DAC - NIB

Good to hear....
  4. amirm

I usually point mine up or mostly up. However, in the video Lyngdorf has on their system they showed the mic pointing forward for the Focus point so I followed the same both there, and for my remeasurement: There are differences in angle (and I think some calibration shops provide both...
  5. amirm

I turn off correction above 200 Hz in Dirac. That may have also worked in your situation. It is expensive software though so if the manual correction works, then no need to spend the money. :)
  6. amirm

Unknown. Its amplifiers are cool running/very efficient and pretty powerful so that is good. What load it is putting on the speaker, I don't know. This is why systems like ARCOS from Harman can be told the speaker model number and it uses that to know what is OK and not OK to do. When I hand...
  7. amirm

I don't believe in ETC/impulse response measurements (they are quite misleading) so not going to encourage that by showing those results here.
  8. amirm

Not possible. This is a loft and there is only 2-3 feet to the right of the laptop. I have a dedicate room where this was supposed to go. But it in the basement with no windows. So I decided to convert the loft to listening room for music (basement is a theater).
  9. amirm

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

You have my sympathies!
  10. amirm

I have not. Stereophile has test the No 53 (they found issues with it). I don't think anyone has measured the 523.
  11. amirm

That's very much true as wavelength of sound approaches the distance between our ears. In bass frequencies, the wavelength is much, much larger so singe mic measurements are reflective of what we hear.
  12. amirm

My measurements do. Its own measurements use one channel at a time and so do I in manual optimization.
  13. amirm

It is dormant. :) One of these years I will get to integrating it into the system.
  14. amirm

It is very hard to AB as I have to switch speakers, amps, etc. This is what I said I wish I had the time and resources to do....
  15. amirm

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

Testing of RoomPerfect is complete. See: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/
  16. amirm

This is a follow up to my review of the Lyngdorf TDAI-3400. While that review was focused on objective measurements of the DAC and amplifier, this review is focused on the performance of the room equalization (RoomPerfect). As much as I like to perform a comprehensive test and review of Lyngdorf...
  17. amirm

Amir's TODO thread

You are expecting someone more organized than me. :) Right now, I am going by how loud someone complains for their unit. :) :)
Top Bottom