Search results

1. Snafu

What electronic audio products you want tested most

+50W / channel tube power amps. el34 or kt66/88 :)
  2. Snafu

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

If i use Okto Stereo with spdif from blu ray-player, how much delay Okto adds ? cheers
  3. Snafu

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

^ i was curious about that too btw could you do 240V sinad ? looks like it's switchable. thanks again
  4. Snafu

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

uh... based on what ? If you want opinions go to head-fi ;)
  5. Snafu

1. yes 2. sq wise ? i doubt that
  6. Snafu

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I hope new version knocks at least $100 off from old ones price.
  7. Snafu

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review

^ I don't know what You mean by closest thing, but in pre amp in ~1k range i recommend Denafrips Hestia (it doesn't have head phone jack though).
  8. Snafu

Exactly what happened with my original tube Freya. Sound was strange, occasionally good but usually you were just wondering what's wrong without just catching it. It was hyper sensitive to touch, relay clicks came through speakers, even touching rca- or power-cables caused buzz from speakers...
  9. Snafu

Ask if You can measure their tube Freya. Would be interesting to see it measured with different tubes too.
  10. Snafu

I need to crank up some volume to hear it through Duntech Opals, but it's there (Topping D50s, Denafrips Hestia + tube power amps). Tape hiss is awful (and no it's not system hiss, everything goes dead quiet after song ends). But if i listen with my Oppo Reno phone and Oppo PM3's connected...
  11. Snafu

Is this "Ticket to ride" included in DSOM 2011 remasters ? thanks
  12. Snafu

Use 5V phone charger etc and connect that to 5V input. Then connect USB to your source. = use actual charger/psu not "another device" see if it works
  13. Snafu

Thanks for the reply @Toku. When listening tidal laptop is usually all the time plugged in. These happened with battery too. I contacted tidal and they were looking something in their end and there haven't been any problems since last post. This Asus UX360CA has M3, ssd and 3200 x 1800 touch...
  14. Snafu

Topping Quality Issues?

^ yes, go to option menu : 5 factory reset RT*M :D
  15. Snafu

Before i got separate PSU for D50s i used powerbank. I had 10k mAh one and it lasted almost whole day so i recommend 15-20k mAh. There was no audible difference between working wall psu, powerbank and actual PSU. Wall psu is on all the time and D50s starts when you start pc, with or without...
  16. Snafu

WolfX700 Measurements of Holo Audio Spring 2 Lv2

Is this same product (level 1 i guess, looks like no remote): ARMATURE Asterion (Holo Spring) R2R Balanced XLR DAC 24bit/384khz DSD512 https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-without-volume/armature-asterion-holo-spring-r2r-balanced-xlr-dac-24bit384khz-dsd512-p-12038.html
  17. Snafu

and why this mqa sneaks in to every goddamn thread :facepalm: d50x doesn't even support it but yeah let's talk about mqa and how lossy it is... :rolleyes:
  18. Snafu

Yes, i use Topping interface = Topping drivers No, i'm using Topping drivers, ASIO not active. Tidal controls D50s, volume 100%. Buffer size, i have tested them all from 8 to 4096 samples, with and without "safe", currently 4096, safe, input 50.44ms, output 48.50ms. These dropouts occur randomly...
  19. Snafu

I have lately had some dropouts between ASUS360 WIN10 laptop and (USB) D50S when using Tidal. Music just stops but time runs in Tidal app. Tidal log gives "AUDCLNT_E_BUFFER_SIZE_ERROR" I have tried adjusting buffer size from Topping win10 interface and made a factory reset for D50s. No help so...
Top Bottom