Search results

1. Matias

Dan D'Agostino interview on measurements

I posted this on another thread but it is too interesting and deserves its own discussion. Dan is a legendary amp designer formerly from Krell and nowadays with his own company. Went from designing deeply based on measurements on the later Krell days to less reducing distortion and more...
  2. Matias

Mola Mola Tambaqui Measurements

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC (€10,000 or $13,400). XLR output level 6.15 Vrms according to the manual. AudioPrecision APx555 measurements courtesy of the Audiophile Magazine review linked below. Full scale 1kHz Full scale 19+20kHz...
  3. Matias

Shopping for a measurement mic

I am new to REW and measurements in general, read some tutorials and did my first ones using the gear that I already have: a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen USB audio interface, and an M-Audio Nova cardioid, side address, large diaphragm condenser mic. The Nova is not made for measurements, so...
  4. Matias

SoundStage BHK Labs Measurements

I don't know how many here know but, along with Stereophile magazine, the online hi-fi website SoundStage! has a vast archive of amplifiers measured by Baskom H King labs: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=141 (loudspeakers, preamps...
  5. Matias

MSB DACs measurements

I wonder if @amirm 's test would confirm these impressive numbers that MSB has once shared about its R2R DACs. Comments?
  6. Matias

Measurement using handheld decibel meter

I am new to measuring room acoustics. I have a decibel meter like the one shown below, and tested it holding on my hands while the system reproduced 5 second sine waves on the bass range (1 Hz increments from 22 to 65Hz). I wrote down the results and plotted below. I noticed I should discard...
  7. Matias

E-mail notificaction for new Amir's new reviews

Is there a way to get an e-mail every time Amir publishes a new review? I could not find it. Thanks.
  8. Matias

4 new Schiit preamps

Schiit discontinued the original Saga and Freya and released 2 new versions of each preamp, with suffix S (solid state) or + (tubes). Also they published APx555 measurement reports on their website too. Example Freia S ($599): measurements PDF https://www.schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/Schiit...
Top Bottom