Search results

1. S

Blu-ray pure audio and coaxial output

I realized that in my Panasonic and Sony blu-ray players the 96/24 audio tracks from original blu-ray audio discs (pure audio) are sent to the DAC at 48khz, via coaxial outup. In the instruction booklet it says that for copy protected blu-rays the audio is necessarily output at 48 khz regardless...
  2. S

Focal JMLAB measurements

Thanks to this site, I wanted to know the measurements of my old JMLAB Profil 5 Focal loudspeakers. I have just received data from Focal. What do you think? They don't look bad to me. Apart from a strange collapse on the treble. Measurements were made without the port output (who knows why?) In...
  3. S

Toole/Harman design speakers in Europe

Hi! I am continuing to follow the forum every day which is a constant source of fun and interest. Obviously in this forum are reported especially speakers more easily distributed in the USA. But I live in Italy. I would like to know which producers available in Europe are inspired by the Toole /...
  4. S

Frequencies below 20hz present in musical recordings.

Tonight I tried to extract the tracks of some classical music CDs in my collection in wav. I realized that older recordings have a narrow frequency range. Some more recent have surprised me because the very low frequencies below 20hz are very strong. But how can you listen to them? Why insert...
  5. S

Differences in cd transport

Greetings to all Yesterday I did some experiments with two CD players connected to the DAC Topping D30. - Marantz CD53 special edition connected with Amazon basics coaxial cable to dac - Panasonic BDT220EG blu ray player connected with Amazon basics optical cable to dac. Amp with Hypex modules...
  6. S

Speakers cable help

I have been reading the forum for weeks. Thanks to you I discovered the DAC Topping (I bought the D30) and the Hypex modules (I bought an amplifier based on these modules). I am very satisfied with these purchases. Now I was wondering what I have to do to get decent speaker cables. I have not...
  7. S

Opinion on IMG Stage line STA-400D amplifier with Hypex modules

Hello everyone. I introduce myself. It is the first time I write. I'm Stefano from Milan, Italy. I have been following this magnificent forum for some time. I found a German manufacturer that produces a very good price amplifier that uses Hypex modules. It's the only amp I've found online that...
Top Bottom