Search results

1. Julf

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

Yes, I was only answering your "Why wouldn't he?".
  2. Julf

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

He did refuse the public debate with Mark Waldrep.
  3. Julf

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

37.5 :)
  4. Julf

Hypex nCore vs Class A amps

Indeed. One of the old, often-cited but debunked ones.
  5. Julf

Serious question-How do you deal with people thinking a DAC has a SOUND SIGNATURE?

I thing churches exist specifically for that purpose...
  6. Julf

Would love to see a link - the only ones that I can think of are the old and discredited Oohashi and Kunchur ones.
  7. Julf

If the ear doesn't have receptors for frequencies above 20 kHz, it also can't hear components of the onset or decay that would be above 20 kHz.
  8. Julf

Serious question-How do you deal with people thinking a DAC has a SOUND SIGNATURE?

Is it just me, or are there more and more subjective perceptions here on ASR? :(
  9. Julf

I am sure there were measurable differences. There might well be audible differences. It just takes more than a subjective, unverified, sighted perception to convince me.
  10. Julf

Indeed. You might be hearing a huge difference while there might not be any actual physical difference. To not understand that is rather ignorant.
  11. Julf

That is of course your right. It is my experience that when someone says "ALWAYS", they are always wrong. ALWAYS.
  12. Julf

"Which is more important to have in a car, oil or fuel?". Yes, a small difference in volume can (and will) bias a test. But so will lack of double-blind.
  13. Julf

I would not use "for sure" for subjective, sighted and unverified personal perceptions.
  14. Julf

ce Exactly. That makes it a valid test for if you really can hear a difference. The question becomes "can you tell if X is A or B?" instead of "Do you think you can hear a difference?". Then it is just a question about statistical validity.
  15. Julf

Not confused at all. I wrote "most", not "all".
  16. Julf

Most class D amps are single-ended, not push-pull, so there is no crossover distortion in the first place (because there is no crossover).
Top Bottom