Search results

1. amirm

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Emotiva RMC-1 AV Surround Sound Processor (for home theater). It is on kind loan from a member. The RMC-1 costs US $4,999 from the company direct. It is part of a new generation of high-end processors sporting 16+ channels of audio. I like...
  2. amirm

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor (powered speaker). It is on kind loan from a member. Despite its small size, this is an expensive monitor, costing US $5,900 for a pair. Of course you get amplification as part of the package. The 8341 is an...
  3. amirm

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker. I bought a pair from Amazon for US $149. The retail cost is US $229 but I suspect no one pays that. I always say speaker business is 80% marketing and Klipsch nails that with look and branding of this series of...
  4. amirm

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

A few weeks ago I reviewed the Schiit Freya S preamplifier. It performed really well in passive mode, providing fully transparency to my ultra low distortion and and noise audio analyzer. In active mode, one channel produced excellently low distortion and noise but the other was some 9 dB...
  5. amirm

Pioneer GM-D1004 4-channel Car Amplifier Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Pioneer GM-D1004 four (4) channel car amplifier. I purchased it after prompting by a member. It costs just $99 including Prime shipping from Amazon. I must say, I expected a piece of junk but received anything but. It is small to be sure but...
  6. amirm

SounDigital SD 600.1D Nano Car Amplifier

This is a review and detailed measurements of the SounDigital SD600.1D Nano car audio amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member. The SD600.1D seems to come in different versions (this one is the 2 ohm revision) and costs somewhere between US $150 to $180 depending on seller. Despite the...
  7. amirm

Yamaha A-U671 Integrated Amp & DAC Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Yamaha A-U671 USB DAC and integrated class D amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member. The A-U671 costs US 499 but most vendors say it is no longer available even though it shows as current on Yamaha site. How fast modern gear becomes...
  8. amirm

Elac Adante AS-61 Speaker Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Elac (USA designed) Adante AS-61 stand-mount (large bookshelf) speaker. It was kindly purchased by a member new and drop shipped to me. This is part of the series designed by Andrew Jones who is probably the most famous speaker designer in...
  9. amirm

Aune S8 Balanced DAC Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Aune S8 Balanced USB DAC. It was kingly sent to me by the company a few weeks ago. I searched but could not find any pricing or availability online. Hopefully they were not waiting for my review to release it. :) The Aune S8 has a similar...
  10. amirm

Please buy safe audio gear

In my tear down articles, I routinely emphasize safety factors which are often missed. In reviews I also note at times when equipment has regulatory certification or not. Often the retort is when was the last time something had gone wrong with electronics this way. So I thought I share a...
  11. amirm

Adam S2V Studio Monitor Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Adam S2V Professional Studio Monitor (powered speaker). It is on kind loan from a member. The S2V costs US $1,750 (each, NOT a pair). This is one beefy, heavy and deep bookshelf speaker: Yes, the cone was a bit dusty. :) The back panel...
  12. amirm

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Monolith Monoprice HTP-1 16-channel AV Processor. A kind member ordered it and had it drop shipped to me. The HTP-1 has recently started shipping and costs US $4,000 from the company direct. I can't say I am a fan of the industry design of the...
  13. amirm

Dayton Audio B652-AIR Speaker Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Dayton Audio B652-AIR budget bookshelf speaker. I purchased a pair of these for US $67.70 from Amazon with Prime shipping. A kind member also bought a pair and sent them to me. The measured speaker is his. I have to tell you, someone in China...
  14. amirm

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Outlaw 2200 single-channel amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member. The 2200 costs US $399 plus shipping although I read that it goes on sale for less than that. I was surprised how svelte the 2200 is given its power capability: The...
  15. amirm

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Marantz AV7705 UHD Home Theater Audio Video Processor. It is on kind loan from a member. The AV7705 costs US $2,200 from Amazon with free shipping. From what I have read this unit is current until October of 2020. The design is typical of...
  16. amirm

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

A few weeks ago I reviewed the Neumann KH80 DSP powered monitor. The measurements while very good, did not match manufacturers published graph which showed dead flat on-axis response. Third-party measurements had shown the same so objection was raised that my measurements must be in error. I...
  17. amirm

Forum Downtime In the Next Couple of Days

I need to move our DNS server from one provider to another. This is the thing that resolves the name of the forum so during the change, you may not be able to reach the site. I have not decided when to do it as I am looking for a low traffic time to do it. But must happen soon. So just a...
  18. amirm

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speaker Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR desktop/bookshelf budget speakers. I purchased them recently from Amazon for US $118 including Prime shipping. But I hear they go on sale for much less money. The build quality is incredible given the very low price: The...
  19. amirm

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB regenerator, power supply and battery bank. It is on kind loan from a member. It costs US $399. ifi says it was discontinued but then came back to market. The enclosure is just like everything else ifi makes: Which is...
  20. amirm

MC-1000: Best Speaker in the World?

You are in for a special treat. I have what could arguably be called the best vintage speaker in the world that is ever produced. That you haven't heard of its designation, MC-1000, is not my issue. Please allow me to introduce you to the Realistic MC-1000: Don't let the low price of US...
Top Bottom