Search results

1. K

Schiit Magni Heresy Headphone Amp Teardown

So many great products this year, we should have official ASR year end awards! Phenomenal time to be a headphone enthusiast.
  2. K

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Hi Amir, great review. I always look forward to seeing more "golf swinging" Pink Panthers. Any chance you may get sent some early units of the new Amps and DACs above for measurement/review like you did for the 887? Again, thanks for the time and effort to put out all of these reviews.
  3. K

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

Maybe the translation is out of context but It’s really astonishing to me how much contempt he has for his customers based on this 3 sentence answer. Like at least fake it and state how much of your time, money and R & D went into the high end products that justify a premium price.
  4. K

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

Did Niagra try to buy Grace Design - I think not!
  5. K

But Niagra almost bought them so that changes everything!!!!
  6. K

I’ll preface this by saying I like Jude from Head-fi and the enthusiasm he brings to this hobby but I think I remember him saying on one of his Head-fi videos that this specific DAC was the best one he ever heard.
  7. K

On the bright side we finally found a DAC that makes the Schiit Yiggy look like a high performing bargain. Not an easy endeavor. Bravo to you Totaldac!!!!
  8. K

Review and Measurements of SONOS Connect Streamer

No question about it, the functionality to price ration of the CCA is pretty insane. I only have one that use to stream Tidal to my Chord Mojo when I'm away from my desktop amps and it works flawlessly. I hope others scooped them up for $15.
  9. K

It's a good question and IMO, the answer is - It depends. If you are just looking for a single room "streamer" or configuration then I think the answer is that they are high priced ($350 new/$200 used) compared to some of the other options out there for streamers with DACs or digital outputs. A...
  10. K

...Suddenly a hidden door opens up and the Schiit guys and Rob Watts appear. "Amir, we urgently need your help to create the best measuring DAC/Amp ever........A MULTIBIT ONE with lots of TUBES!!!!!"
  11. K

As fate would have it the day I talk up the great network connection technology of Sonos, I experience an issue with it. The two Sonos Play 1s that I have in stereo in my kitchen stopped working in stereo last night and I had to unlink them and reset the link. First connection issue ever in...
  12. K

When I turned the phone back on and opened Tidal it was back to the home screen on the app. It showed something I was streaming from the Tidal session prior to CCA test session on the bottom of the screen along with the previous device (before the test). Sure enough, when I select the...
  13. K

I physically turned the phone off (not sleep) and the CCA kept playing and went into the next song while the phone was still off. I've also never had an airplay issue while in sleep mode, even for video.
  14. K

So I happen to have a CCA, Airplay 1 (Airport Express) and Airplay 2 (Libratone Zipp) devices handy to test device-2-device vs. Source-2-Device. I played a song on the Tidal app on my iPhone, streamed it to each device and then turned my phone off to see if the stream would still continue on the...
  15. K

Amir, in your review you wrote: With 16 bit, you can't get a SINAD higher than 98 dB. Is that a general rule for all digital music and DACs or were you just talking specifically to limitations with the Sonos Connect?
  16. K

If I'm not mistaken though, the Sonos Connect measurements were actually pretty good for 16bit/44.1 kHz music which is only what Sonos supports. Based on what Amir wrote, SINAD can't go any higher than 98 with 16/44.1 so the Redbook quality is about as good as it gets. Jitter performance was...
  17. K

Connectivity like this really makes Sonos shine in my opinion. Tidal streaming to multiple zones (ala Spotify Connect) straight from their native app works flawlessly if you don't have a good experience using the Sonos app. In addition, Sonos is pretty tightly integrated with Alexa so if you...
  18. K

I believe the ecosystem limits you to Redbook for streaming. For instance the Tidal Master designation does not appear within any of the Sonos apps/interfaces. Here is a link to information on Qobuz in Sonos - https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1782?language=en_US Key part: What features are...
  19. K

I agree with this. It works great in the apple ecosystem but perhaps not as well with Android. IOS remote app is more intuitive than many of the others that I've used including iPeng and Audirvana remote. Roon is a step above though. If you are just using Sonos for streaming, I'm fairly certain...
  20. K

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

Depending on your use case and interest in music Roon can be pretty spectacular experience. It integrates some of the best features of Squeezebox Server, Sonos, AllMusic database and Audirvana and works unbelievably well with Tidal and Qobuz (in addition to your own library) but it’s hard to...
Top Bottom