Search results

1. B

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

I own the combo (Hyperion and Hestia) and so far am very very pleased. Especially in the bass department.
  2. B

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

Does output impedance matter if you are using it as a preamp straight into an amp ?. My current amp (Denafrips Hyperion) doesn't list it's input impedance in its technical specifications. It only lists Gain (28dB). On that note, would it be worth experimenting with the output gain settings on...
  3. B

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

@March Audio The products are looking great!. Although, I'm a sucker for a silver finish. Any chance you would consider that down the road ?
  4. B

Vera Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

Would love to see a silver version!:) I live in Norway, and have been contemplating the NAD 22 V2 which is in a similar price ballpark. Any ideas how these would compare?
  5. B

IQaudio Pi-DAC Pro Streamer DAC

Are there any RPi based DACs that actually offer good performance?
  6. B

Has anyone with a MA Sabre Pro MQA, (and specifically Roon, but probably applicable to other applications) noticed that when you stop playing music via a USB source (I use a Raspberry Pi 4), the DAC still treats the source as connected/playing - and thus the auto input detection never kicks in...
  7. B

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Trust me, Australia isn't all its cracked up to be
  8. B

Mac mini (2014) > Matrix Audio Sabre Pro MQA

Can it be used as a Roon endpoint ? In addition to Spotify Connect and Airplay ?.
  9. B

Mac mini (2014) > Matrix Audio Sabre Pro MQA

I'm looking for a reasonable source/streamer for my Matrix DAC (Roon, Airplay, Spotify Connect) , that will be arriving shortly. One consideration is an Allo USB Bridge (with regular power supply). However I also have a Mac mini laying around. Would one be much better than the other...
  10. B

SMSL SU-8 vs Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA

Thanks for the replies. I'd much rather then put $1700 extra into a better amp.
  11. B

Were you using both devices as preamps, directly into the amps?
  12. B

So you're basically paying $1700 for looks, build quality, MQA and likely reliably.
  13. B

Thanks for the reply @amirm . So you're kind of saying, that both are audibly similar. Interesting . As mentioned I would be using it directly into an amplifier, so if the volume control quality or output stages are a decent step up with the matrix, it could be worth it. Although I have to...
  14. B

I know that there is a massive price difference between the two, so the comparison should be quite unfair. However both meet my needs for a combined DAC/Preamp with balanced outputs and a remote. Has anyone heard both of these, and can comment if there is such a huge audible difference between...
  15. B

Suggestions for combined DAC/Preamp

Hi! I'm looking to find some suggestions for a single box, combined DAC/Preamp (no streamer). In addition a remote (IR or RF) is a 100% must. Balanced inputs/outputs would be nice, but isn't a must, but of course required for a AHB2. This would essentially be used as a preamp, infront of an 'as...
  16. B

Right, however are all digital output stages created equally? Or are there levels of implementation that audibly effect sound quality? I have no idea!
  17. B

Exactly . I guess with that combo, the notion of ™Source first, would come into play. Would something reasonably priced, like Bluesound Node 2i, be dragging potential sound quality down?
  18. B

It's really tempting to stick one of these infront of a Benchmark AHB2 in preamp mode. Or would this combination, be so perfect, it's ultimately lifeless.
  19. B

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I live in Norway, with no local dealer as far as I'm aware. Unless that's a worldwide return service, then hence me asking for others experiences
  20. B

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

On a side note, has anyone used the AHB2 in a systems with KEF LS50's ?. I'm a little afraid that, the KEF's will sound a bit too bright. I'm also looking for a combined pre-amp/DAC, and was thinking of the Matrix Audio X-sabre Pro. But would be interested to hear, what others are using with the...
Top Bottom