Search results

1. B

Desk speakers (active or passive) up to ~1500€

They're actually a passive design but were activated for the purpose of a proper comparison to the KH120 by adding a Hypex module (in front of the crossover, as I understand it). Good point, although I have built (easy) speakers before, so that would not be totally offputting. To me, one...
  2. B

What do you guys think about this DIY alternative? https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/dxt-mon-vs-neumann-kh-120a/ I could get a ready-made pair for around 650 bucks, which is almost what the DIY kit costs. For KH120 I got an offer at around 800 a pair. The Neumanns of course include an...
  3. B

It is my understanding that the Neumann monitors don't have internal AD conversion, but an analog crossover. When monitors have a DSP crossover, it is of course logical to provide digital inputs as well, but I think this is usually the case.
  4. B

OK, so maybe they added the 'A' when the digital version was introduced? Yes, I meant the anthracite. Just wondering if maybe there have been several shades of grey ;)
  5. B

Thx @HammerSandwich, that's actually great advice, and honestly it doesn't even sound that bad at the desk listening through my floorstanders! Ultimately I am pretty sure I am going to want two separate systems though, if I ever inhabit more than one room for example. Therefore I don't mind the...
  6. B

So, I went to the local music store to listen to some monitors, including the Kh 120 and Kh 80. The 120s sound pretty good, very balanced indeed. Imaging is precise, details are there, although some others seemed to be more revealing, but maybe that's because of treble emphasis or I don't know...
  7. B

This sounds pretty good to me. A few more questions have arised: 1) How about Neumann vs. Genelec in terms of sound/measurement quality? 2) Do the KH120 perform well at low listening volumes? (this is a requirement I forgot to mention) Thanks for all the helpful input so far! BTW: I tried...
  8. B

Not a problem per se, but it takes away one possible advantage of using a subwoofer.
  9. B

but this would not allow for high-passing the main speakers, correct? If I understand correctly, this digitizes ingoing analog signals to do the crossover business. Which is what i would like to avoid because of having a nice DAC, but maybe this is an unnecessary purism? I definitely like...
  10. B

Ok, thanks. Lastly, how would I best integrate a subwoofer with the Neumanns? Would this require DSP, or does the Neumann ecosystem provide an analog method to high pass the main speakers?
  11. B

What do we know about the quality of the internal amplification in the Neumanns?
  12. B

This is exactly my plan due to your recommendation elsewhere. ok, perfect!
  13. B

One question related to convenience: Is it ok to hook the Neumanns up to a Master/Slave power strip to have them turn on automatically with the DAC? They don't seem to have standby functionality, and the on/off-switch is not that accessible it seems...
  14. B

Used is generally how I like to buy speakers, so I do not lose too much money when (not if ;-) ) I want to resell. The good reviews aside, the LS50W did not seem like a great option to match with the RME DAC because of the internal AD-conversion which makes having a great DAC a bit pointless...
  15. B

Hello everyone, I currently own a pair of Q Acoustics 3050 floorstanders which live next to my desk. This sounds good on my sofa, and even reasonably good sitting at the desk, but I still feel like there's no proper center image having such a 'flat' stereo triangle (rather like headphones). So...
  16. B

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

Excuse my ignorance, but I can't find it. Could you share a link, please?
  17. B

I do not like the form factor for a stereo amp. I am actually eyeing the NC250MP modules. A pair sold for 300€ on the German Hifi Forum today, but unfortunately I missed it :eek:
  18. B

Sorry, but I meant not the cases, but the Hypes modules themselves. I don't think they're available on ebay, right?
  19. B

So, if I wanted to replicate the build presented in this thread, I would have to extract the module(s) from one of these sources, or is there a way to buy them individually somewhere else? Because to me it would then seem weird for Ghent to offer these kits, if the key parts are only barely...
  20. B

Do these contain exactly the same module? Did OP source his from one of these?
Top Bottom