Search results

1. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Based on that attached picture, I think that the OPAMPs used there are the OPA1652 and OPA1688, in any case, they appear to be all Texas Instruments by the logo on the DIP IC, so no Analog Devices that I can see.
  2. Sinquito

I don't have a 600 ohm headphone, but my HD600 (300 ohm) and DT1990 (250 ohm) sounds terrific through the NX4 DSD, even in low gain you don't need to go past 1 o'clock on the pot (maxes on 5:30 o so), in high gain I would use them on 11:30 or so. For the price and the power I don't think it can...
  3. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus DAC/Amp

Did you get it? It is a really good price. The retail unit even comes with a nice (p)leather case. Now that I remember, it even has a speaker for use with the LG G5. Anyway, as I stated before, I think that this unit is not so useful as a mobile device, because it is kinda big and it heats up...
  4. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I do believe you, but my comment was about trl's post about how high output impedance on the AMP would induce hiss on low impedance IEMs. I was expecting some explanation as to why high output impedance would not induce hiss but instead change the frequency response of a low impedance IEM (due...
  5. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Wouldn't the noise floor of the amplifier (or DAC) cause the hissing in low impedance IEMs? As far as I know, the difference in output impedance of an amplifier would only change the Frequency Response (how it sounds) of the headphone/IEM. Surely, somebody more knowledgeable will chime in.
  6. Sinquito

Is topping NX4 the best desktop option sub $200?

Hahaha, I was about to post that very same photo here, but I didn't remember if the part number show up. Made my day.
  7. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Portable Amp and DAC with THX

I have the NX4 DSD, no imbalance issues using IEMs such Ety ER4SR and ER2XR, Sony EX-800ST, AKG N40, this is on low gain. I actually didn't understand the purpose of the IEMMatch if high gain was needed, is like adding and then subtracting, you end up with pretty much the same number. For IEMs...
  8. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of iBasso DX200 DAP

I have the Q5s, using it with a Galaxy S10. Since I use only spotify I don't care if bluetooth is lossy. The Q5s is nicely made, but it heats up, and the single end 3.5mm jack is not very loud for its size. I haven't tried the balanced outputs, but I assume that those are sufficient for high...
  9. Sinquito

For me it has worked almost flawlessly with my android phone, without messing around with any settings, plug and play with spotify. On my work's PC I first installed the official drivers from their page and it worked fine on windows 7. Then on my personal PC (Windows 10) it worked without any...
  10. Sinquito

The ifi micro BL, right? I think the nano was underpowered. It's almost 6 months with my NX4 and I am very happy with it.
  11. Sinquito

I don't have an iPhone but I can test with my iPad 2018 with the fiio cable lightning to micro usb
  12. Sinquito

New FiiO Q5S

I just bought this on Aliexpress, $346 shipping included, we'll see about customs. If the Q5s gets here on time I might as well return the NX4 DSD if the fiio is better sounding and has enough oomph.
  13. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Isn't the switching frequency of a power supply on the order of Megahertz or at least high enough to be out of the audible frequency band? Maybe my electronics teachers were wrong, but I think that a switching power supply is more desirable most of the times. Less expensive, more compact, more...
  14. Sinquito

I got my NX4 DSD yesterday, the built quality seems pretty nice, more so than my Creative E5. Maybe the only issue I can think of is the small switches which does not inspire a lot of confidence. I only tried it with my Galaxy S10, worked flawlessly on Spotify, I listen to my HD600, X2 and H400i...
  15. Sinquito

Exactly, I think that this was at least 200 Euros at launch, the thing is that even though the LG G5 was a fine smartphone, even pioneered the second ultra wide angle camera before everybody else, the phone did not sell so well, and the LG Friends sold worst, specially the HiFi DAC as it was too...
  16. Sinquito

I have the retail version of this amp/dac is the second one I bought. Cost me 50 dlls on Ebay. At 30 percent in windows the Sennheiser HD600 sound loud enough for me (but I think that I am a quiet listener). The Philips X2 doesn't sound so loud at the same 30 percent, which surprised me, maybe...
  17. Sinquito

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I am very tempted by the prime day discount, but I am fearing for the issues discussed here and finally I think that I maybe better served by a portable amp like the NX4 DSD or the Xduoo XD-05.
  18. Sinquito

Joined today, been reading this forum for a month or so, great place to spend some time. I am interested in buying a DAC/AMP, will substitute a Creative E5. Mostly Desktop use, but I like to have the option to use it on the go. I am thinking about this Topping, the ifi Nano BL and the Xduoo...
Top Bottom