Search results

1. q3cpma

Neumann KH120A or Genelec 8030C?

Hello, I've decided that one of these will be my next speakers unless these or the 8040 get an update or Neumann makes a 6.5" model in the meantime. But I find it very hard to choose as both: * Have a solid aluminium body designed to prevent diffraction * Use a deep waveguide providing...
  2. q3cpma

Active speaker OEMs

Does anyone know a way to learn about the OEMs for big guys like Genelec or Neumann? For example, I noticed that Genelec's 1238A and K&H's O500C seem to use the exact same woofer (see links) and I wondered who was the actual manufacturer behind these. I also want to know what class D amps...
  3. q3cpma

Influence of driver shape (dome, cone) on sound

After seeing multiple well-known pro gear manufacturers arrive to the almost same design for midrange - a 3" textile dome - I started searching about hard data about the way driver shape (cone, dome, phase plugs, etc...) influences its sound but found nothing. Anyone with such information and/or...
  4. q3cpma

USB audio interfaces interest

As per this post, I made a poll to gauge interest for popular and low-cost USB interfaces that could be used as a casual DAC. Most people now will agree that DAC is mostly a solved problem, needing a good implementation more than a good base D/A chip. This is why products made by big entreprises...
  5. q3cpma

Another headphone recommendations thread

Hello, I'm currently using a Beyerdynamic DT250 (80 ohms) that I really like, but I wondered if a strict upgrade existed for it. The main thing I'm looking for is a closed, solid headphone with velour (or something similar) pads and a sound as neutral as possible; at least, without too much...
  6. q3cpma

Searching for a DAP with strict requirements

Hello, I am currently rocking a Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox, but it is slowly dying (jack desoldering and battery wear). I also have a Fuze+ in case of actual player death, but its touch interface is horrendous. So I'm searching for a new DAP with the following features: * Physical buttons *...
Top Bottom