Search results for query: cable review

1. MattHooper

Stereophile and Audio Cables

...by Herb Reichert. https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-82-ikigai-kangai-level-cables-dcs-lina-headphone-amplifier Cable reviews at one point became very rare at Stereophile and I've long wondered why. First of all cables were never accompanied by measurements as there...
  2. S

3.5mm to RCA cables for dac/amp interconnect

I got back around to working on getting 7.1 audio out from my computer again, and set up a Creative Sound Blaster X3 USB DAC + Emotiva BasX A7 + KEF e305 / e301 setup. The results are good. However, I am out of high quality 3.5mm to RCA interconnect cables so I wanted to ask for advice. The...
  3. jhaider

FS: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire w/ std and 2.5 mm TRRS cable - $625 shipped CONUS

Great headphones (see Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review) that I just don't find myself reaching for as much as I thought I would. Single-owner, includes original box, case, (unused) filters and cleaning cloth, and paperwork. Cables are the standard minijack cable with screw-on 1/4” adapter...
  4. SoundsGood2Me

"Premium" USB & Ethernet cables?

G'Day Folks! Long time lingerer, I rarely post, but I'd love an opinion. I've subscribed to Stereophile my whole life and just got April. While the written reviews tend to be an advertisement for the product, John Atkinsons' measurements are what drew me to this mag and quite possibly got me...
  5. Sal1950

But they'll never tell the truth, it's all a bunch of snake-oil BS. Inside the reviews of nearly every component are the comments that constantly support the claim of cables having an effect on the systems sonic performance. Even just the list of the reviewers system which includes some very...
  6. MattHooper

I'm not sure about this point. Stereophile rarely reviews cables. Why would Stereophile not review cables much at all in order to not offend their cable advertisers? If they reviewed cables there's just as much possibility of positive reviews as for any of the gear they review. And even...
  7. B

Exactly. They don't need to do frequent review of cables to keep the idea of cables in the heads of their readers. They mention cables frequently in reviews of other gear (amps, speakers, etc). They have a section for cables in their recommended gear lists.
  8. Chrispy

It's not just reviewing cables but even the inclusion in a list of hardware in a review of whatever as if it is component level stuff. A mag can surely do cable reviews, and so far that's been useless in any real sense unless you just like to read rather poor fiction.
  9. Chrispy

Exactly why I find them unreliable.
  10. A

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

It's been a year and I know there's been advancements in power cable technology. You have this guy to thank as to why this post was created https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/power-cord-review-section.39359/post-1386542 Currently I'm sitting in my living room ABing some...
  11. MattHooper

LOL. The very part of my post you quoted contradicts your bizarre characterization. "Personally, I think the cable review was ridiculous. Like pretty much every cable review I can think of." In this same thread I've said I view high end cables generally as a racket, and that reviews of cables...
  12. VintageFlanker

...the way, Hi-Fi News has a different approach : measurements (by the way quite poor) for just about everything, except for cables... but lot more cable reviews. My personal guess is (purely speculative) that Stereophile readers do have a lot more interest for objective data than Hi-Fi News...
  13. A

I read Stereophile online when interesting things are discussed. It follows logically that I don't think I've ever attempted to read a cable/interconnect review. But do they actually do those currently? Or was that before my time? You've linked to the column "Gramophone Dreams". Usually, product...
  14. MattHooper

Jeeze...are you doing that? Personally, I think the cable review was ridiculous. Like pretty much every cable review I can think of. But if you wanna defend it, that's your right...
  15. MattHooper

Ha, I was being cheeky. No I'm not defending the cable review. I view the high end cable scene as a racket. My only positive comments had to do with JA at least responding with an attempt to present what he takes to be plausible technical reasons cables could sound different. Which I much...
  16. Audiofire

Need help identifying old interconnects

Not that difficult, reviews of the subject matter include: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-rca-cables-matter-if-so-recommend-one.49119/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/using-a-75-ohm-rca-video-cable-for-as-an-analog-audio-cable.8349/
  17. AdamG

USB Cable tests

With the new Apple iPhone 15 launch I found this short and well done USB Cable Review and Comparison Video very helpful and wanted to share. Why is this so complicated and confusing? Hope this helps.
  18. MattHooper

Is the subjectivist in the room with you now, Sal? I'd call it a whole bunch of cable reviews. I could be wrong that Stereophile rarely reviews cables, but having read the mag for a long time that's my impression. I'd note that the recommended cables tend to cite more reviews in older issues...
  19. CleanSound

And let's see through the smoke screen: JA is a reviewer for a traditional magazine and the way how it works is that there is a very fragile ecosystem of manufacturers, distributors, dealers who all have their hands in cables, and they keep Stereophile's advertising flowing and keep products...
  20. R

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Any Amir’s review on an Ethernet cable? Thanks.
Top Bottom