Search results

1. Sir Sanders Zingmore

I discovered something very interesting about digital vs vinyl.

brave man... no way was I clicking on those links...
  2. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Is JBL going out if business?

Anyone heard from the OP (@Phelonious Ponk)? I always enjoyed his opinions
  3. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Art is dead...

Art should sometimes be challenging and cause the observer to ask questions. Sounds to me like it is very much alive and well
  4. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Deepfake Music

The scary thing is that not long from now these “deep fake” compositions will actually be indistinguishable from the real thing. It’s already possible with photos of people. Try to pick the real people on this website: http://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ (Hint: they are all fake) We should all...
  5. Sir Sanders Zingmore

The US Electoral College

If you think the US electoral college system is complicated, try explaining preferences and voting "above or below" the line in Australia :)
  6. Sir Sanders Zingmore

If you are feeling election anxiety today...

Same in Australia, no ID required and we seem capable of freely and fairly electing governments on both sides of the political spectrum. And apart from the odd gerrymander on occasion, we also very strongly encourage everyone to vote in our version of democracy
  7. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Cheerful News, for once!

Yes, another "double donut" day here in Victoria (zero cases, zero deaths)… I'm going to put on a lot of weight at this rate :)
  8. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Elections and voting (in general) ...

They receive a fine. Just looked it up (as I’ve always voted I had no idea how much it is). For federal elections it seems to be $20. Not a lot really but it seems to work, voter turnout is always above 90%
  9. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Elections and voting (in general) ...

Voting is compulsory here in Australia. We don’t see any meaningful number of random or empty votes.
  10. Sir Sanders Zingmore

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

The active stuff … I'd really like to see that :)
  11. Sir Sanders Zingmore

EQing in stereo vs Eqing in mono

Silly question, perhaps. If you are generating PEQ settings by measuring each speaker individually, does that mean you have a separate set of PEQs for each channel? Or do you combine the measurements somehow before generating the EQ filters?
  12. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Roger Sanders appears on "Three Sad Bastards" podcast

I've done this too (I think I've mentioned it in other thread - apologies for the repetition). My 50w amp was clearly clipping into my ~95dB speakers at a volume that was only a little louder than my 'loud' listening level. It was very surprising and changed my opinion about how much headroom...
  13. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Magnepans and Amplifier Current

Surely it's only theoretically possible. If you have an ideal amp with zero losses. Can't happen in the real world
  14. Sir Sanders Zingmore

I seem to remember reading somewhere that @amirm's dummy load is limited in the power it can handle. The Magtechs claim 900w into 4 ohms. There's no point asking him to send one in if it can't be measured to its claimed output
  15. Sir Sanders Zingmore

There's a podcast from "down under" that is gaining a bit of a loyal following. Entitled "Three Sad Bastards", it usually consists of three long-term friends bickering about their love of hifi. Entertaining, as long as you don't take them too seriously. But the latest episode actually has...
  16. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

Imagine not being able to taste the difference between red and white wine https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/the_most_infamous_study_on_wine_tasting.html In a sneaky study, Brochet dyed a white wine red and gave it to 54 oenology (wine science) students. The supposedly expert panel...
  17. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

If you know which product you are listening to then your opinion by definition, can not be based solely on listening.
  18. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

According to Stereophile the Revels have impedance which "….. impedance (fig.1) drops to between 3 and 5 ohms between 17Hz and 600Hz". So another way of saying this (I think) is that the Revels will effectively present a load that will be half that (between 1.5 and 2.5 ohms). Benchmark state...
Top Bottom