Search results

1. H

Full range system for < $1200

I was trying to figure out how little I could outfit a medium sized room with high quality full-range sound. I am thinking of my room (14 x 20 with vaulted ceiling that ranges from 8' to 11') but I asking more of a general question. I thought I would make it a challenge to see what people come...
  2. H

JTR Noesis 110HT -- anybody have any measurements?

I am looking at options for our living room HT system and ran across some recommendations for JTR speakers. I don't know much about them, or the Noesis 110HT in particular. A web search has not turned up much on these speakers. These would be for use in an LCR setup. 11" is about the max...
  3. H

Multiple shallow subs

Based on a recent thread on inexpensive subs, I was looking at the Monoprice slim sub (there is a 10" and a 12"). Link here: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=35847 According to Brent Butterworth's spreadsheet...
  4. H

Revel C205 and C25 Center Channel

Does anybody have any experience with these? From what I have read, the MTM design can have issues with horizontal dispersion, and comb filtering, making dialog harder to understand. But I know that Revel does a lot of testing on their speakers, so perhaps they have solved this issue to some...
  5. H

MiniDSP IL-DSP Headphone amplifier

Has anyone used this? What kind of headphone specs would you want to see to be sure it would play well with this (i.e., impedance, sensitivity)? I have some IEMs and am looking at some regular headphones and was curious as to whether I could play with EQ with these and still get good sound...
  6. H

Objectively measured/designed headphones?

I was thinking of getting some over-the-ear, closed-back headphones. I have had IEMs for years for very casual listening (airplanes, office, etc). But one unit is no longer working and I wanted to try something new. It seems like there are tons of options, and it looks like it is still the...
  7. H

KEF center channel measurements

Does anyone know of measurements of the KEF Q250c, Q650c, and R2C? I have just over 7" under my TV, and the 250 and R2C should fit. But I am wondering about the tradeoffs. My main priority is dialog clarity. We sit about 14' from the speakers in a very open room, but we don't listen to...
  8. H

Simple way to get LCR digital signal?

Is there a simple way to get the digital left, center, and right speaker signals from, for example, Apple TV? Use case is our family room where we watch movies, TV, and sometimes listen to music (via Spotify or YouTube). I have had a 2.1 system for years, but we are in a new house and I would...
  9. H

Shipping from Canada to the US

Does anybody have any experience shipping from Canada to the US? I can't quite figure out what my responsibility will be in terms of duties and taxes. This would be for speakers built in the EU and sold by a Canadian dealer. According to them I have to pay state sales tax and "some duties"...
  10. H

Passive vs active DSP speakers KEF and Genelec

I have read that active speakers with DSP are, all other things equal, better performing speakers than passive. The "all things equal" part is nearly impossible for most speakers, of course. But looking at the KEF R3 and the Genelec 8341A, it is interesting how little difference there is in...
Top Bottom