Search results

1. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Roger Sanders appears on "Three Sad Bastards" podcast

There's a podcast from "down under" that is gaining a bit of a loyal following. Entitled "Three Sad Bastards", it usually consists of three long-term friends bickering about their love of hifi. Entertaining, as long as you don't take them too seriously. But the latest episode actually has...
  2. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Which RME should I get?

After some sage advice if I may. I'm thinking about getting an RME dac to run directly into my power amp. The main reason is that I really like the loudness feature. A second reason is that I could get rid of my preamp. The problem I have is that I run two digital sources (CD player and...
  3. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Australian bushfires

Just checking in and hoping that our Aussie ASR members are ok. I’m in Melbourne, so unaffected by the massive bushfires that are engulfing parts of the country. The attached photo gives some perspective on the size of area burnt...
  4. Sir Sanders Zingmore

does it make sense to test how amps behave when they clip?

I'm a big fan of Roger Sanders. He has a very measurement-based approach to his products and is of the view that amps do sometimes sound different but not for the reason that most audiophiles think. to quote: "Most audiophiles simply don't recognize when their amps are clipping. This is...
  5. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Mocking audiophiles back in 1959

Flanders and Swann
  6. Sir Sanders Zingmore

How a Bach Canon Works

From openculture Brilliant. This moving manuscript depicts a single musical sequence played front to back and then back to front. Give the video a little time to unfold and enjoy.
  7. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Do any DACs apart from RME have equal-loudness features?

Hi all, hopefully the title is self explanatory. One of the features that attracts me to the RME-ADI2 DAC is the loudness feature, but I'm hoping there exists another DAC that also has this at a lower price. Does anyone know if such a device exists?
  8. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Best DAC to pair with Chromecast

Hi all, I’m after some advice. I wish to move my headphone setup into a separate room from my main rig. To do this, I’ll be using a chromecast Audio to stream. So I’m after some recommendations as to the best dac to pair it with. No need for any amplification (I have this already), just a...
  9. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Portable amp/dac recommendation for Hifiman Edition X

I have a pair of Hifiman edition X planar magnetic headphones. I mainly listen on my iPhone and I find that it lacks enough power to drive them properly. Is there a portable device that can go in between my phone and my phones that will give me more power and possibly a better DAC. Something...
  10. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Meanwhile in Australia

A victory for "cyborg justice" and take note of the gentleman's name ! https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/18/man-who-implanted-opal-travel-card-chip-has-conviction-overturned
  11. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Greetings from 'straya

Hi all Been reading this forum for a while now and thought I should sign up and say hello. Based in Melbourne Australia, the world's most livable city in case you didn't know. I like horns and valves and turntables and am completely comfortable admitting that a lot of that comes from the...
Top Bottom