Search results for query: akm fire

1. T

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Will it sound worse than the older X6500H?
  2. B

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

...looking at the DAC board, X6800H has two 8-channel voltage output DAC IC's. The AKM 8-channel DAC IC widely used by Denon/Marantz before the AKM fire, the AK4458, is, and has been for a while, available in large quantities. There are several electrolytic capacitors around each of the two DAC...
  3. Mikie Likes it

Want to buy a Marantz CD6007, advice on the DAC situation?

It's deceiving. I expected a company like Marantz would be more forthright. I understand when the AKM fab caught fire they needed to act fast. I get it ! It still does not justify the lack of disclosure of something they advertised as being one thing when it is actually something...
  4. sunjam

DSD Direct vs non-DSD Direct: Myth or Turth?

I thought the newer AKM / ESS chips (e.g. 4493S, 9039Q2M are better than the old 4493). No?
  5. M

ESS IMD hump with AKM DAC? (specifically AK4499EXEQ in Topping E70 Velvet)

Before I start talking, here is l7audiolab's IMD chart for Topping's E70 Velvet, which uses the AK4499EXEQ chipset ((((AK4499EXEQ is post-fire AKM 4499 - it is two chips now, called: AK4499EX and AK4191EQ. Digital processing (ie. oversampling and other optimizations) is done in the 4191, and...
  6. antcollinet

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

The dac chip used really has somewhere between almost zero to absolutely zero impact on the actual audible sound of a device. I'll be getting a Denon 3800 in the next few days. I don't worry even a little bit about what DAC is in it.
  7. T

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Yes, about three years ago there waa a fire at the AKM seniconductor fab. Like a lot of products, the AKM chip in the 2x4 HD was then replaced with TI chips in the new revision. This TI version is about 3 dB better SINAD.
  8. M

So there are hardware differences between the current and older units?
  9. T

Will the unit undergoing updates not be a TI version (Amir tested a good pre-fire AKM).
  10. T

...of all products, and there was debate as to whether they were going to just close shop)? The 6007 was released in August of 2020. The AKM fire occurred in October 2020. So the circuits were probably designed (with associated marketing material) with the AKM chip. So there are likely some...
  11. Toku

Topping E30 DAC Review

There are two types of Topping E30: an early model and a late model. The FW differs because the IC chip used in the USB interface of each model is different. The AK4118 chip was used in the early E30's USB, but due to a fire at AKM's factory, the supply of the IC stopped and production was no...
  12. Sokel

DSD Direct vs non-DSD Direct: Myth or Turth?

That's the reason I'm a pre-fire AKM fan-boi :p It's nice 20-20Khz (not the case with some newer,specially some ESS as going lower) and in any format. (people don't tell me about audibility,if it was about that we would only care about SNR,gain staging,clipping and maybe IMD ,it's the visuals...
  13. J

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I agree that RME DAC is an excellent product from a company with a well-known reputation in the audio industry. It’s just that there’s a gnawing feeling that they can make this product even better, even cooler, and outdo these newbie companies in terms of technical specifications. Maybe the...
  14. C

Marantz Cinema 30

What does the DSD point mean? The DAC in the Cinema 30 is more capable than the one in the AV10?
  15. M

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Not really implementation is everything they switched from AKM to ESS when AKM had a factory fire and could not deliver and the product is essentials the same . And performs very well besides not using the top shelf chip So I would not pay that much attention to exactly what DAC chip they use...
  16. bargainguy

I see you posted the same question on What Hi-Fi? forums and ended that post with "naughty, naughty Marantz!!" So I'm a little confused. You really want the AKM version and not the ESS, but think you might be getting a bad deal if you don't get the AKM version? And somehow Marantz is being...
  17. T

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

After reading a bunch of comments on a bunch of sites to the effect of “2x4 HD is only good enough for subs and not for mains” I feel validated that I in fact do not have tin ears using these on my mains and having no issues with the performance. CD transparent is good enough for me. I don’t...
  18. E

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

That Denon reputation is short-lived due to the AKM fire. There are some folks who won't buy another Denon product unless AKM makes a return! Anyone know what DACs are in the RZ50/505 or RZ70/805?
  19. J

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

Anthem ADVERTISED the AV90 as having AKM DACs. Maybe a few prototypes were produced. However, when it was finally released, long after the release of the AV70, it had ESS DACs. The AV70 on the other hand, did use AKM for a brief moment, when it was first released. Then the AKM factory fire and...
Top Bottom