Search results

1. Snarfie

Room correction measurments with Mathaudio Room EQ

Ha ha I'm too not an expert in a long shot. A parametric eq component no i don't know such plug-in for foobar2000 (or any other device/software). Lately i bought the IMF CM2 (Compact Monitor 2) I found it a big surprise that the linearity (see grey line of the CM2 around 3db headroom compared...
  2. Snarfie

What are we listening to right now..

If you want to hear a broken man listen to Frank Sinatra - Glad to be unhappy (Album: In the wee small hours). Written when he had left (or she left him probably) Ava Gardner. Sure I can imagen i would too :(
  3. Snarfie

Vinyl sound for free

I'm not using "click removal" i use "Noise removal" which work excelent. I had hunders of records which i gave a way and changed already 30 years ago to digital/CD because the background hiss and the other distorions on Vinyl where irritating me quite much (so CD was a big relief) esspecialy...
  4. Snarfie

Dutch&Dutch 8C commendation

Did read it but thats a lot to digest. I can't imagen that a speaker could cancel my (horrible) room reflections whitout roomcorrection. Listning for more than 50 years to music the roomcorretcion i have now did made the bigest difference i have ever encounterd. My speakers became atleast 60%...
  5. Snarfie

Dutch&Dutch 8C commendation

What I understand from D&D's is their capabilty to activate/use roomcorrection. Are you using roomcorrection with the Genelecs and compare?. I'am using for some months roomcorrection with my 40 years old IMF Compact II Monitors they became other speakers sound wise.
  6. Snarfie

Vinyl sound for free

Ha ha i try to do the opposite avoid/cancel vinyl background hiss with audacity Noise removal works realy fine.
  7. Snarfie

Background of artist an recorded albums.

Yeah saw that one quite emotional guy (understatement). He did not always participated in the royalties i remember from this documentary
  8. Snarfie

Background of artist an recorded albums.

When listening to music i often ask my self what is the story behind this artist/recording. There are a lot's of documentaries that are worthwhile to have a look at, it gives you a unique perspective/insight how it is produced. Two of my favorites are the recoding of Steely Dan – Aja an Amy...
  9. Snarfie

Genelec on audio science

Yes i can relate to his views. When i used roomcorrection i got for 80% a flat frequence respons which did not made the sound spectaculair but the fatigue dissapeard at once ( taking in account my specific rooms accoustics) and after 10 minuts changing from roomcorrection to bypass i was...
  10. Snarfie

Perfect Declipper

Yes the Dr rating is greatly improved but from a sound perspective the difference is not what i expected depth seperation etc. (as you already mentiond don't expect a totally different mix) but for sure it sounds better (not great) because it is less fatigue an voices instruments are a bit...
  11. Snarfie

Perfect Declipper

OK i tried out freeware Audacity using the Clip fix tool using Adel Album the horrible compressed 21. Settings for clip fix where mostly threshold setting at least 80% using some tracks (about 3) didn't need that so threshold varies between 80 till 10% Enclosed Original Dr and Audacity Dr...
  12. Snarfie

What makes a speaker amp deliver satisfying mids and bass?

When i used mathaudio room correction bass & mids cleand up considerbly became different speakers.
  13. Snarfie

Thimeo Perfect Declipper

Did some recordings a few days ago with pictures an audio for download. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-get-rid-of-compression-regarding-highly-compressed-recordings.5923/#post-132926
  14. Snarfie

What are we listening to right now..

Can listen forever to this track. Sort of guilty pleasure. Lo-Fi from Weast at it's best.
  15. Snarfie

Perfect Declipper

Very interesting how long does it takes to do an conversion/declipping lets say per minute.
  16. Snarfie

How to get rid of compression regarding highly compressed recordings

Also the problem nowedays with high resolution DAC's, Roomcorrection inteligent amplifiers with clever ciruits like NAD which is looking for ultra fast Current adjustments the bad recordings are becoming more brutal now compard to years ago.
  17. Snarfie

Ok i found out how BrickwallHater did his remastering Decomprssion. He is using Perfect Declipper which we wrote a about on this site https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/perfect-declipper.2209/ Quiet impressive this peace of software. I'am seriouse concidering now to buy...
  18. Snarfie

I updated my original opening messages above with files now.
  19. Snarfie

In audacity I was able to get rid of the background Noise which made it Sounds much better. These are the Samples that I want to upload for comparison.
Top Bottom