Search results

1. Blumlein 88

Review and Measurements of Digital Amp DAC DAC HS

@AmpDesigner4444 can you explain the decision to have the filter roll off so little at the top of the band? It looks as if you are using a filter for 48 khz for 44.1 khz.
  2. Blumlein 88

State-of-the-Art Loudspeakers

Didn't @Thomas savage have some Vivid speakers with recurring Tweeter issues or am I mixing that up with someone else in the forum?
  3. Blumlein 88

So, it looks Tom Brady is going to complete the job, once again ...

My favorite QB of all time was Johnny Unitas when you called your own plays. But the game has changed much since then.
  4. Blumlein 88

Like the low distortion you get with them. That would be the bad you don't hear. I know they've no compelling reason to do so, but I'd like to see a Harman test of two panels and two predicted to be superior box speakers with the listening panel made up of long time ESL owners.
  5. Blumlein 88

Basic Measurements of Spectral DMA 260

http://www.spectralaudio.com/DMA300/300Spec.htm Specs on a similar Spectral. They show THD of .009% and typical of .005% at 225 watts into 8 ohms DC to 100 khz. So the above results on the DMA 260 don't look unbelievable. SNR which is max power vs idle I believe is listed as 120 db. I had...
  6. Blumlein 88

You only say this because you own them. :) It's okay. I owned ESL 63s for over a decade. I get it. I always wanted someone to use the the timed delay sections like Quad on a floor to ceiling model to create a quasi line source. I think that would be a better way to make a bigger Quad.
  7. Blumlein 88

What is the cause of "digital glare"?

I think Sean Olive would say he does design by measurements. Double checks himself double blind. Toole said they long ago could have a better than 99% correlation with listener results for small speakers that don't go below 100 hz. Just using the spin-0-rama results. Knowledge like this has...
  8. Blumlein 88

Waldrep "Who Can You Trust?"

Maybe I read this wrong. Reading the following in a recent letter from Bill Lowe to Mark: I did find it interesting that Bill told me, “AudioQuest has started posting digital difference files of some of the audible differences that are questioned in our community.” I haven’t looked for this...
  9. Blumlein 88

Or that it has a 100 % margin of safety.
  10. Blumlein 88

Does audio gear need to be sustainable?

Almost the same thing only without alcohol.
  11. Blumlein 88

Watch some YouTube vids and you can probably fix it all yourself inexpensively. Of course that's not nearly as good a hobby as audio. :)
  12. Blumlein 88

My Corvette likes corners and longer runs than a 1/4 mile. My father's 57 Bel Aire covertible with a dynod 677 hp at the rear wheels likes 1/4 miles. Different kinds of soundtracks though. Doesn't score well on energy sustainability.
  13. Blumlein 88

Never owned a Ford. Never owned a turbo. Not offended. Never liked turbos on any number of cars beginning with Covair and Porsche. Some of the modern ones have most of the problems solved. Maybe better material and manufacturing make the life expectancy a non issue. Maybe those 200 k motors...
  14. Blumlein 88

Ford's V6 Ecoboost in trucks don't seem to be a problem. Not aware of the police pursuit issues. Worked for local government once. Their policy was to rebuild all patrol car engines at 100,000 or rebadged the car and gave it to office staff. The Ecoboost engines achieve full boost at very low...
  15. Blumlein 88

So where are these AQ difference files and how did they manipulate them? Or do they show differences at mhz?
  16. Blumlein 88

What is the cause of "digital glare"?

I may reply in more detail when I've more of a chance. In short everything you've written here is revisionist history. It doesn't accurately describe what happened in the last 30 or 40 years.
  17. Blumlein 88

Well I don't like turbos for the same reason. There are plenty of Ford Ecoboost engines out there that have 200k miles or more otoh. So it can be done.
  18. Blumlein 88

I assume it's FireWire. They do have some thunderbolt to FireWire adapters. I'm sure those are hit or miss, but they work with some gear.
  19. Blumlein 88

More Rob Wattisms

This is my father's approach to things. If he designed a car to his criteria, it would never break down, be easy to fix (which was a waste because it will never break down), and that all sounds great. But it would be quadruple redundancy on everything and all of that would be overbuilt. It...
  20. Blumlein 88

Well you know the saying about the camera you have in your pocket beats the super outfit that is back home. I do still have a quality Canon DSLR. I can get better pictures in more varied conditions than with my phone. But the phone can work for maybe 80% of what I need. When I go and shoot...
Top Bottom