Search results

1. amirm

Are Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil Inconsistent?

It is an understatement to say that my measurements of Schiit products create tons of discussions and arguments across multiple forms. So much so that I think they parallel any reality show on TV! Much of that is driven by passion people have on either side of the fence. What I like to...
  2. amirm

Introductions anyone?

Thanks for the explanation. I have bought the SMSL AD18 and plan to test it. I also have a very good relationship with Allo so can test anything they produce.
  3. amirm

Are you Euphonophile?

Vast majority of people who think they are hearing euphonic distortion they like, are not hearing such. They are thinking they are hearing it but in reality, the device is likely transparent to their ears as much as another. Until such time that subjective evaluations are done correctly...
  4. amirm

High Resolution Audio: Does It Matter?

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that. Here is the key figure and text there: This is indeed what my Audio Precision analyzer does. In the case of my analyzer though, switching gain stages creates a glitch. This shows up as a sudden variation in the measurements which is not...
  5. amirm

Introductions anyone?

Welcome to both of you. @maverickronin good to have another Stax owner here! I think I have been the only one in the forum until now. As you I have a few variations of it (although they are older versions). @Talisker, I am not familiar with the term FDA. Do you mean an amplifying DAC like...
  6. amirm

Hello!

Do you have a favorite among them?
  7. amirm

More scope geeking

My Tek scope comes with a remote interface over Ethernet that completely clones the user interface. So if you want to navigate it on the PC, you can.
  8. amirm

More scope geeking

I have a 500 Mhz Tek MSO and it has the worst interface of them all. Do the ones you use at work also have the stupid dual dial UI? The Keysight is a joy to use compared to it but the one I have doesn't have much memory and stops at 150 Mz I think.
  9. amirm

Volumio "audiophile music player" - discussion and problems

I don't have any experience with it but the error message seems to indicate that the driver for the standard display or keyboard is not function ("tty"). Findfs error seems to be an issue with trying to mount non-existent filesystems.
  10. amirm

More scope geeking

I have not used either but Picoscope has become the de-facto standard in PC-based scopes. As you note, you have to realize that even their highest-end units lack sufficient resolution in their ADCs to be really useful for audio. Their need to cover much more bandwidth than audio limits the bit...
  11. amirm

Hello!

Great to read your intro. Did you say you have three dozen headphones??? If I didn't have that many DACs, I would have raised an eyebrow. :D Hope to read your headphone reviews....
  12. amirm

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

Yes indeed. I looked and I can't find a single independent measurement of it. Let's have a few of you pester them to send one in for review. :)
  13. amirm

Review and Measurements of Melokin DA9.1 ES9038PRO DAC and Headphone Amp

We have company coming over for the next two days but I will try to find some time to do it. Please remind me if I forget.
  14. amirm

Review and Measurements of SMSL SU-8 DAC

I am glad you are enjoying it. It is always good to hear about people's experiences with what I review.
  15. amirm

AXPONA 2017: JansZen Electrostatic Headphones

I am not following you. The entire research is about introducing resonances and measuring their audible effect with respect to threshold of detection.
  16. amirm

To support the above, here is the quote from Dr. Toole/Olive: That said, later studies do show preference for lack of resonances in loudspeakers.
  17. amirm

Studies don't say this. They say that the threshold of detection for high Q resonances is higher than low Q. Both are audible depending on level.
  18. amirm

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4

Question: did you put the ferrite core on the power cable or did it come that way? That is a good method (wrapping the wire multiple times) to get the filtering to go to lower frequencies.
  19. amirm

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4

Nice work! Promoted to home page.
  20. amirm

Nitpick away. :) This is a good discussion. I thought you were going by this part in Dr. Toole's book: As you see the test is at 200 Hz resonant frequency. What you are referencing is the seminal J AES paper by Dr. Toole and Olive, The Modification of Timbre by Resonances: Perception and...
Top Bottom