Search results

1. J

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Mine was 1.07 then updated to v1.08 but now shows v1.05 Sw1.4 hw 1.2
  2. J

My filters are only selectable with mqa and a large volume drop with slow filters. Shouldn't mqa use no filters as dac auto selects settings for mqa If updates only on ok for some models is there different versions. Smsl don't seem to have any useful answers.
  3. J

Shenzhen says mqa auto switches to a setting and shouldn't use filters.
  4. J

Could using rca and xlr at the same time unbalance the xlr cables.
  5. J

SMSL SP200: Do We Get Golden Samples For Review?

Sure companies send items for review and change specs Happens with pc components. They haven't been clear about m500 specs. When should led be magneta Slow filters dropping volume when mqa should not use filters . Why doesnt dac show firmware update is it just a driver update .
  6. J

MQA Sounds Really Good!

Hows mqa different to hires downloads where they can be recorded on a tape or upsampled from 44.1khz Then charge around £20 for an album
  7. J

Was the latest update just a driver update or firmware as dac shows firmware not changed. Have the filters been sorted now.
  8. J

Liking this dac with my hs7's and krk sub Going to use xlr splitter's rather than sending signal through sub filters. Still not sure what filters are doing or what led colours mean or why have to scroll through menu to switch screen on if of as cant even see the menu or why firmware on...
  9. J

What is the point of upsampling?

Isn't upsampled what lots of the hires downloads are.
  10. J

How does Windows handle audio device sample rate and bit depth?

My dac does a similar thing if I switch of exclusive mode in tidal Dac shows 192khz for all tracks That's what windows is set at. Also have a track xmos shows 44khz but dac shows 352khz.
  11. J

New SMSL M500

Does amirm go through all the menus,settings,inputs and sound formats or just give set measurements.
  12. J

New SMSL M500

Ok All I have seen is no magneta led and windows volume doesn't do anything now.
  13. J

New SMSL M500

Does your dac display v1.7.
  14. J

New SMSL M500

It's not easy getting answers about the spec of this dac.
  15. J

New SMSL M500

It's done something as led doesn't turn magenta when switch of mqa passthrough.
  16. J

New SMSL M500

Computer shows updated but dac Doesn't. Still 1.4 So not sure how to do this.
  17. J

New SMSL M500

So downloaded the update my dac still shows sw 1.4 Xmos v 4.67.0 . Should it show 1.7.
  18. J

XLR Interconnects: Is there a difference?

So no difference. Even if the splitter cable has 1m to sub and 6m to monitors ?
  19. J

New SMSL M500

Would that not just be a driver update not a firmware update just unpacking a rar.
  20. J

XLR Interconnects: Is there a difference?

How about using xlr splitters from dac to monitors and sub Would there be any signal loss or any other changes
Top Bottom