Search results

1. L

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Very nice aesthetic, I personally like the "rough" look of the purifi woofers. Out of curiosity, what is the cabinet material? Standard MDF/HDF or something fancier?
  2. L

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

I almost bought the Koss ESP/95X at one point when it was on large discount due to closing of Drop's EU warehouse - I'm glad I didn't. Electrostatic headphones are still something I'd like to try in the future, but I don't think I'll be buying any blind.
  3. L

Presonus Constant Directivity loudspeaker

This product is new, but I think that's just a more portable version of the CDL12 based on the same principles that they've been selling for a while now - correct me if I'm wrong.
  4. L

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

It's probably a better option than the JBL308p for nearfield listening, with no hiss and all. Still, the 308's get a lot cheaper when they go on sale, and they go on sale regularly, which matters for people looking for a budget set. I think the 8 inch studio monitor is an underrated solution...
  5. L

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

The thing that stands out the most about this cable given the price is that it can't even be called audio jewellery - other than the thickness it's got nothing premium in its looks, and the DBS doohickey is cheap and plastic looking. And that... strain relief? or whatever it is on one end just...
  6. L

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I'll keep an eye out, they show up on the used market here sometimes but not very often from what I can tell.
  7. L

Thanks, that's good to know - I was mostly hoping to get a performance on par with something like a dbx 223xs for a bit less money but if it's audibly noisy then I'll just spend the extra few bucks. It's also not perfect but should be good enough for me.
  8. L

I'm looking at maybe getting a Behringer CX2310 crossover, I wonder if it's reasonable to expect similar performance to this - they're almost good enough which for the price would probably be okay for me. Sadly Behringer doesn't seem to publish detailed specifications anywhere I can find it.
  9. L

Using large studio monitors as a primary listening system

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong graphs for the Mackie HR624 but it looks like it gets nowhere near as low as the 308 does in my experience. 824 seems more on par.
  10. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Good thing I spent my audio budget for this month or else I'd probably not be able to hold back... and I don't even need it. Also shenzhenaudio has the same prices on their website with free worldwide shipping, so it's not even US only(obviously usual customs and tariffs apply).
  11. L

Magico Ultimate vs Magico M6

Do they still make the Ultimate? You can't get to its product page from the main page of Magico website. The current flagship seems to be the M9: https://www.magicoaudio.com/news/m9
  12. L

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

If your setup uses a Windows PC as a source, all you need besides REW is Equalizer APO. Here's a very simple and easy to follow video that got me started: I use Peace GUI with Equalizer APO, but that's optional.
  13. L

Share your in-room measurements?

Got the subwoofer in. JBL 308p mk. II + SVS SB12-NSD - same methodology, 6 measurement average around listening position, 1/6 smoothing, but this time EQ to a generic harman house curve. All EQ generated by REW, don't have the time to play with it too much, and I want to decide first if I like...
  14. L

Best way to connect sub

The problem with that is that XLR equipped studio subwoofers with built in crossover usually come with a price premium large enough that buying an external crossover and a regular subwoofer often comes out cheaper. But I can't also recommend buying one of the few subs with RCA crossover...
  15. L

Subwoofers & Midrange Quality

I was just about to make the same thread :) Just got my subwoofer yesterday, integrated it somewhat(still some smoothing to be done) and with music, rather than noticing the sub 40Hz frequencies I was missing, I'm mostly noticing improvement in mids, as well as improved bass quality that I was...
  16. L

Enermax DreamBass Genie Dac & Amp Review

Exactly - whenever I think "maybe all that hifi stuff is just placebo" I just connect my headphones to the headphone jack build into my PC monitor and get brought back to reality by what really bad audio sounds like.
  17. L

New Q Active 200 and Q Active 400 from Q Acoustics

I love the aesthetics of the small ones, particularly with these stands. Wonder how they'll perform, I appreciate all non standard designs. Probably won't be cheap either way because I tried seeing if they sell those stands on their own and they're $999 a pair. EDIT: Actually never mind, the...
  18. L

Multiple shallow subs

Wait really? I didn't catch that before. Wow, that makes the SVS SB-12NSD that I've been eyeing even more of a steal.
  19. L

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Other than the iFi Hip Dac another new portable DAC/Amp I'd like to see measurements of is the Fiio Q3 - $149, THX, specs seem to be in the same general ballpark as the Topping NX4/iFi Hip Dac. Includes both 2.5 and 4.4mm outputs which is neat at this price point.
  20. L

Used Focal Elear - how risky?

I think you'll be good, if it didn't crap out yet it's probably one of the good ones. For what it's worth I love my Elears, I tried to EQ them both to harman and just to remove the 5k dip but ended up going back to stock, for me they sound great out of the box.
Top Bottom