Search results

1. N

FiiO E10K suitable for Hifiman Sundara?

Right now I own Fiio E10k, SMSL 10th Sanskrit Mk2 + SMSL SP200. I owned the Aune X1s 10th Anniversary in the past. The Fiio E10k is great for low budget headphones in the 100€ range. For everything above it falls very flat in the soundstage, detail and timbre department. I would go for a Fiio K5...
  2. N

How do you fix electrical interference from motherboard?

Alright guys I fixed it. Thank you! I replaced my motherboard with a different one with a toslink input. I then connected my motherboard to my audio system via optical cable, now everything works fine! never again usb...
  3. N

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Does anyone know how the XMOS XU208 or this device perform?
  4. N

Sanskrit RCA to RCA SP200 did not work, same electrical noise behaviour :(
  5. N

I used RCA to XLR because on the SMSL SP200 review from Amir, he said that XLR input can somehow help fix grounding issues. I also have used RCA input on my SP200 via Setup3 :(
  6. N

I have used the amp somewhere else, look at number 3). When the chain is connected to my laptop, there is no interference. My DAC is connected to the SMSL SP200 via RCA to XLR cable. Im so sad that I have to even care about TOSLINK, its 2020 and USB doesnt even work without issues :(
  7. N

Thank you. The usb to spdif converter should arrive at Friday/Saturday/Monday. I will update you guys then.
  8. N

could you explain me why? you dont have to be super technical, I just would like to vaguely understand
  9. N

Okay guys little problem. So I got the toslink cable, but I have no optical output on my motherboard. But I have found a usb to spdif converter on eBay. Will this setup work? Setup5: Gigabyte B450 > USB to SPDIF Converter > SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk II> SMSL SP200 > Focal Elegia
  10. N

I will just summarize it again, for better understanding of the history. I hear electrical noise coming out of my headphones. I tried different setups for my audio system: Setup1: MSI X470 > Aune X1s > SMSL SP200 > Focal Elegia Setup2: Gigabyte B450 > SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk II> SMSL SP200 >...
  11. N

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Thank you guys, I figured out it was my pc motherboard which caused these treble issues. When audio setup is connected to my laptop, then the track has no bloated or hot treble. Going to replace my motherboard asap.
  12. N

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Guys I need a quick sanity check. My current setup: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK2 -> SMSL SP200 -> Focal Elegia. Does this song (Spotify) have poor audio? Im very bad at describing audio related things, but I feel like the upper frequencies are bloated. Can anyone please help? :cry:
  13. N

Aune X1s <-> X7s Amp performance?

Update: The Aune X1s amp is horrible compared to SP200. It colors the sound warmly, nearly 1 dimensional soundstage, bad imaging/depth, undefined and low texture, no details. Still better than Fiio E10k...
  14. N

Focal Clear vs DT1990, which one?

"Would have been better off with a DT1770", yeah sorry to have misintepreted you lol, totally "sorry". So ignorant about the fact, that I had the DT1990 beforehand and compared them A/B, because you did not read through my links and then still recommended me a DT1770, which is obviously inferior...
  15. N

If you would have read through those 3 links I have mentioned, then you would knew I had the DT1990 for several months. You are right, in terms of technicalities, there isnt much of a difference between DT1990 and the other midtier options. I had the HD58X, HD598, DT990 and DT1990. The only...
  16. N

I was mainly talking about music enjoyment between DT1990 and Elegia, I dont know anything about mastering. You can read through those links I have posted earlier before defending the DT1990 against me.
  17. N

I dont know if you guys even read through those 3 links I have posted. I think in terms of technicalities between elegia and aeon closed, there isnt much of a difference, just the FR and personal taste. I dont know your experience with Focal Elegia, I can only hope you had a good seal or the...
  18. N

I have a good seal and im using eq, while you were listening to it at some event with suboptimal conditions. The elegia is several classes above the dt1990 and stomps it in everything amd anything. But yeah, have fun with your "can jam" impression and your dt1770
  19. N

Nani? End game? We dont do this here I went for the Focal Elegia, due to the need of having a closed back for living a student life 1: https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/focal-elegia/8572/56?u=nhatlam96 2: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/focal-elegia-what-do-you-think.890031/post-15671722 3...
  20. N

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

I was dissapointed in the soundstage of the ifi hip dac and searched for an alternative. the sp200 is the best amp I know, therefore I wanted to know how much I would miss on when I get the NX4
Top Bottom