Search results

1. Matias

Tips on uploading images

@amirm maybe add/buy this add-on? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tl-image-optimizer-for-xf-2-x.6030/
  2. Matias

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Wouldn't it be possible to order RCA-XLR cables and use the the amp XLR only?
  3. Matias

Tips on uploading images

Would be great if the images larger than say 1000 pixels would be auto-resized and stored, so storage space could be saved.
  4. Matias

Audia Flight 3s - Advice please

Stereo magazine measured 0.14% distortion in 5W, which would translate to a very low SINAD of 57, while maximum power of 152W in 4 ohms. Even at half retail price (2,500 usd) you can get an Orchard Starkrimson integrated or Nord INT-A NC252MP integrated, of maybe a Hegel H120 for 3,000 usd.
  5. Matias

Purifi Eigentakt-based monoblock amps - suitability for Magnepan 1.7i

Honestly at those prices, I would just buy an Purifi amp, try it myself, and since they are so hot in the market right now, worst case you sell it and lose a little and buy an NC1200 amp. Best case you find that its 425W in 4 ohms is enough.
  6. Matias

Purifi Eigentakt-based monoblock amps - suitability for Magnepan 1.7i

The impedance of the older 1.7 model is somewhat stable around 4 ohms and little phase changes in the bass area, where there is more energy in the music content and where amplifiers are more demanded. The 1.7i should be similar. I would buy a Purifi with their better buffer and opamps for a...
  7. Matias

Apollon Hypex NC2K Monoblock Amplifier Review

Forgot to add this as it is very relevant to the thread. :D
  8. Matias

Recommended 5-channel Class D amp -- ATI, NAD, Nord, something else?

Pascal measures worst than NCore, more similar to non-ICEedge modules from ICEpower.
  9. Matias

Recommended 5-channel Class D amp -- ATI, NAD, Nord, something else?

These https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/buckeye-amps-new-us-based-hypex-multichannel-amplifier-builder-line-up-announcement.16835/
  10. Matias

Apollon Hypex NC2K Monoblock Amplifier Review

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/discrete-opamp-review-sonic-imagery-vs-sparkos.10325/
  11. Matias

Apollon Hypex NC2K Amplifier Teardown

Spoiler: his Mark Levinson No.53 has been measured already. Amir is not the only person on the internet with an Audio Precision. :) https://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no53-reference-monoblock-power-amplifier-measurements
  12. Matias

Please do a factory tour video and put on Youtube, everyone likes watching them. :D
  13. Matias

Add at least 200 usd per case and connectors, + 30 usd for wiring, hours of work for assembly and some profit for a living and covering warranties, plus fixed expenses such as website hosting, accounting, etc, and then it is not so much anymore.
  14. Matias

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Yes, Amir compared stock Purifi EVAL-1 buffer versus discrete opamps. VTV cheapest option is stock Hypex buffer. These are different.
  15. Matias

$200 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dac

Topping duo is the go to option right now imo.
  16. Matias

I agree. Below is the XA200.8, latest version of a huge class A amplifier from legendary Pass Labs. Look at its power x THD+N graph in 4 ohms (Fig. 5). Best case it does 0.0042% (SINAD 88) at 1W, while the Hypex nCore NC2K does about SINAD 95 in 1W and its best case is SINAD 102 at 10W (0.0008%...
  17. Matias

DIY Purifi Amp builds

So the DIY bill of materials is: - Ghent case + harness: 250 usd - Purifi EVAL-1 kit (I/O board + 2 amp modules): 760 usd - Hypex SMPS1200A400: 215 usd Total: 1,225 usd While an assembled amplifier costs: - Apollon: 1,780 usd - Audiophonics: 1,240 usd - March: 1,600 usd - VTV stock buffer: 979...
  18. Matias

MiniDSP announce new UMIK-2, UMIK-X microphones

But isn't it the same for UMIK-1s? Each has a serial number and its correction file.
  19. Matias

And this is why my 2 amps are from Apollon. :)
  20. Matias

MiniDSP announce new UMIK-2, UMIK-X microphones

Hmmm, the UMIK-2 is 200 usd compared to 75 usd of the UMIK-1? I will wait the reviews and see if it is worth upgrading to "lower noise and lower distortion".
Top Bottom