Search results

1. EchoChamber

Seeking recommendations: Best active speakers for $10k/pair? (Would also be offered for measurement.)

Wow... I don’t remember mentioning ATCs... But I did have a passive pair of 2-way ATCs many eons ago. Too for back for any meaningful subjective sonic memory. I did like them a lot though and I remember they had no bass (they were not large monitors). To me the 8351B’s in my living room have...
  2. EchoChamber

Seeking recommendations: Best active speakers for $10k/pair? (Would also be offered for measurement.)

You could get the 8351B from a pro audio online store in Europe shipped to the US for much less than 10K. I didn’t pay all that... Same goes for the 8350A.
  3. EchoChamber

It is not night and day, but significant enough for me to switch to digital (and bypass the Dac8) for critical music listening. I still need the Dac8 for other digital inputs and ease of use.
  4. EchoChamber

I went for the 8351B unauditioned... Couldn't be happier, a worthy investment IMO. I also have a set of 8030C's in a secondary system. Also excellent, but the 8351B with GLM and fed directly a digital signal from my computer using GLM for volume beats it in transparency, detail and presence by a...
  5. EchoChamber

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

When I look at the REW measurements, I saw the -6dB bass shelve was bringing bass down more than the right and lower than I thought was necessary. The EQ on the left side is only for one specific frequency the room amplifies. It makes a big difference.
  6. EchoChamber

FS[US]: Schiit Magni Heresy headphone amp/pre-amp with short RCA cables

Bought new directly from Schiit Audio in March 2020. Very little use. Includes a set of short RCA cables for a stack configuration. SINAD of 119 dB per Audio Science Review measurements. Asking $90 + $20 shipping - local pickup available in Northern NJ (Montclair area). US Only, Paypal Only...
  7. EchoChamber

SOLD[US]: Topping A90 Balanced Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp

In excellent condition, bought new from Apos Audio in May 2020. SINAD of 121 dB per Audio Science Review measurements. Includes a short stereo pair of Canare L-2T2S with Neutrik XLR connectors balanced cables. Asking $400 + $30 shipping - local pickup available in Northern NJ (Montclair...
  8. EchoChamber

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

It’s funny to see how predictable those algorithms are... We can see right through them... They tend to promote more of the same instead of more educated suggestions to enhance your knowledge and promote diversity in content.
  9. EchoChamber

My understanding is that Genelec monitors are tuned to be flat in free space or anechoic chamber. Room resonances and bass reinforcement are expected to be tamed using the built in EQ (or GLM for SAM monitors). The nice thing about lowering the bass is that you get a lot more headroom... :-D
  10. EchoChamber

Newer ones have updated circuits with a switching power supply (no toroidal transformer) that are more efficient, much lighter and feature auto-sleep (ISS is not set by default). When ON and idling power consumption is already very low, but lower if you set it to auto-sleep...
  11. EchoChamber

My guess is too much overhead with marketing and support (or because they can and the US pro market will pay for it)... I bought my 2 pairs and accessories from a French pro audio online store. Without VAT, it was a good deal, shipping costs were very reasonable, and I didn’t have to pay any US...
  12. EchoChamber

Thank you for the review @amirm ! I have to say that since going all Genelec recently (ASR was a big influencer), my 2 speaker systems have been transformed. I do feel they come with more bass than is typically needed for more flexibility in placement. Once I set the bass tilt to -4dB on my...
  13. EchoChamber

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Yes, AES. A little redundant, I know, but I find the sound is subjectively a little smoother, more “natural”. I originally bought it for my Genelec 8351B’s to convert USB from my computer to AES, but tried on other systems with stand alone DACs and preferred over USB. I have 2 now... This is...
  14. EchoChamber

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I just added a Magnius to my collection... :-D I’m spending some time with it at my home work desk... And deciding which one to keep in that role... A90 also sounds excellent, but not identical subjectively... Tough choice...
  15. EchoChamber

Speaker purchase advice - KEF vs. Genelec vs. ?

A wise investment indeed. I ordered my setup through Global Audio Store and it came out to a very similar amount shipped to the US (I don’t have the exact number handy). I thinks that’s pretty much the best price you can get for them new right now.
  16. EchoChamber

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

IMO, the 8351B are definitely loud enough at 3 meter. Ear bleeding... I have to keep an eye on the volume - the lack of distortion makes it easy to listen louder than I should. My guess is that I’d probably be happy with the 8341A, I just wanted a little more headroom with the 8351B. Large scale...
  17. EchoChamber

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I don’t have the “baby” Basstrap yet... not sure how long it takes for it to get to me in the US... I ordered one to try in my living room and attic. I’ll report back...
  18. EchoChamber

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

I think that use case is rare, probably not worth implementing... I know my Genelec speakers can be controlled that way through the GLM interface, so it must be possible.
  19. EchoChamber

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

AFAIK, only hardware.
  20. EchoChamber

Not for sale on ASR [US]: Van Damme Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad balanced XLR stereo pair 1 meter (3.3 ft) in white

Thank you all for hi jacking and sabotaging my ad... I just wanted to sell some extra cables I don’t use anymore. That was really nice of you all. I guess ASR is not a place to post audio classifieds. FYI @amirm
Top Bottom