Search results

1. decoRyder

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

I tried the paper under the foot thing and it totally worked!!! Best sound ever!!!
  2. decoRyder

Same here - I don't think it's a scam - too much effort, and attention to detail went into the actual product, at least IMO. I still don't believe it works though. Those bits on the 'Music PC' aren't the same bits as those that were processed on the switch - they've passed from a physical signal...
  3. decoRyder

Looking at that board, I think they've could have done it a lot easier, and cheaper if the purpose was to outright scam people. I still don't understand how something that happens on the physical layer on the switch is supposed to affect anything on the application layer on the 'Music PC', not...
  4. decoRyder

This is a post from an EtherRegen user describing his listening impressions: I certainly don't want to ridicule anyone, but this device seems to elicit a lot of comments like the one above.
  5. decoRyder

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

Unless you absolutely do not want to spend the money, I would suggest that you get the 252MP, which will give you a much better upgrade-path than the 122MP.
  6. decoRyder

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

Looking forward to new developments on the subject, I will buy a passive pair as soon as you have them ready.
  7. decoRyder

Nice DSP solution for Linux

Very useful - thank you. Using Gentoo I imagine getting rid of Pulseaudio is as simple as setting a flag '-pulseaudio' and re-emerging dependent packages. What specifically bothered you about the performance of Pulseaudio?
  8. decoRyder

Uptone EtherREGEN

From the product page: Wow - total snakeoil - I wonder if the proprietors of 'Uptone Audio' have ever heard of Manchester Encoding, used by any old switch in existence.
  9. decoRyder

No I did not, for details please see the attached image in my second post in this thread - "Figure 4: Unbalanced input with hard-bonded RCA's and no mains earth".
  10. decoRyder

The thermal paste really helps to transfer the heat from the amp module to the case - under sustained load it will get fairly warm, very quickly - which is good, since that means the heatpaste is effective in transferring the heat to the case. Between the circuit board and the amp metal...
  11. decoRyder

Thats' exactly what I did, thank you:
  12. decoRyder

Specific to the seller 'wpc1896' on ebay, I can confirm that the modules I got on ebay from this seller are not fake, and in perfect working order. I guess technically this is a 'grey-market' type of sale, with all the implications that such transactions bring with them.
  13. decoRyder

All Hypex NCORE modules on ebay right now
  14. decoRyder

There are NCORE modules available on ebay right now, the 122MP appears to be no longer available, but there are 122MP, 252MP and 502MP modules available from the same seller.
  15. decoRyder

I really like the Audiophonics NCORE builds - it looks like they use quality parts, and that particular model comes with a 12V trigger.
  16. decoRyder

U-huu. And by what specific metric does this specific build of mine transition from 'acceptable' to 'not as 'good as a fully balanced connection' ? Is it audible?
  17. decoRyder

Yes, I would buy a PURIFI 1ET400A - or PURIFI anything for that matter - in a heartbeat : ) So far I haven't seen them released for sale to the general public though, only OEM.
  18. decoRyder

Right I filed off the anodized coating on the inside of the amp - where it makes contact with the shield/audio ground - to have proper mass contact. For the RCA jacks I used recessed mounting flanges, which fit exactly into the pre-drilled XLR cutouts - they simply screw in, perfect fit. I also...
  19. decoRyder

$ 215.00 - NCORE 122MP Module $ 130.00 - GHENTAUDIO DIY Stereo Case-kit for Hypex NC122MP/NC252MP $ 6.99 - Parts Express Chassis Mount RCA Jack Pair ----------- $ 351.99
  20. decoRyder

I have really good RCA cables, and I really don't want to have to obsess about 'what's the best RCA->XLR' cable - that's just another 'adventure' I don't need in my life right now : ) The grounded RCA setup recommended by Bruno Putzeys will work exactly the same as XLR - in my specific setup -...
Top Bottom