Search results

1. G

Review and Measurements of Soekris dac1421 Multibit DAC

Likely, unclear what it means for audibility however.
  2. G

The dashboard number reflects the imperfection in the audible range, so -85 is what it is, audible or not is a separate question.
  3. G

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

That was a way of saying it wouldn't be, unless you want some specific feature that's missing in the Oppo,
  4. G

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

Umm... disposable income is one.
  5. G

The dashboard FFT stops at 20kHz, so the 21st harmonic and above are not considered in calculations. The THD(F) looks at the 90kHz bandwidth I think, so for 1kHz fundamental up to its 90th harmonic are contributing to the number. Similarly the noise spectrum considered is narrower for the dashboard.
  6. G

The THD(F) is wider bandwidth than the 1khz dashboard, so higher order harmonics and noise are contributing to the number. 20bit linearity may matter if the DAC has low noise floor as harmonics tend to disappear at lower levels. I don't see the dynamic range test for this DAC, so hard to say here.
  7. G

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

So they conceive problems... That explains it.
  8. G

I can't wrap my mind of how such a product could be conceived. I just can't believe the intention was to so blatantly scam the customers, after there are no hot-glued batteries and rattling off-the-shelf PCBs inside. Looks like a lot of effort was spent on the design. I tend to think this was...
  9. G

Line drivers are probably biased into class-A operation, clearly no corners are cut. But seriously, audiophile switch? WTF?
  10. G

Hegel HD12 DSD DAC And Headphone Amp Review

Let's start a petition to AP :)
  11. G

Same can be said about using ASIO4ALL.
  12. G

JRiver installs a ASIO interface, then it can forward data onto a WASAPI device in exclusive mode, no need to send the data over network. It will add some latency, not sure if AP can deal with it.
  13. G

Unlike now there hasn't been a proliferation of well performing devices from China 5 years ago, considering the competition at that time the price doesn't seem to be too much out of place given the functionality. Under today's realities it makes little sense pay $700-800 for a used one which...
  14. G

There is the USB A/B mode switch on the back. I came across some info that Hegel supplies ASIO drivers but the USB mode selector must be in the B position, presumably for UCA2, for the ASIO driver to work.
  15. G

Unless we are talking SOTA amplification like the AHB2, a typical amp will effectively dither the quantization distortion. I suppose lack of dither is more of a problem for headphone amps, as we see many deliver very good performance that will let the quantization error through.
  16. G

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

You folks are hard to please, it's an audibly transparent device for under $100, literally a bargain.
  17. G

Seems they nailed the DAC chip spec, can't really complain about anything but the price, well, and the -145dB noise floor spec :) My guess it is without the input signal, not a very useful number.
  18. G

Based on AK4399, -105dB THD+N is the spec, performance is worse but not terribly so.
  19. G

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

I thought I sensed negativity towards the approach, never mind.
Top Bottom