Search results

1. D

Let's talk CD Players!

I sold my Cambrige Audio CD player a couple of years ago after realising that I didn't use it much. My notoriously unorganised CD collection made it a time consuming task finding anything. Since I put everything on NAS I actually listen to them again. I'll still pick up CDs if I see anything...
  2. D

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

On a more serious note, how is CD version choice on Amazon? Qobuz usually has a couple or more versions for popular albums and quite clearly labels them. My personal feeling is that remastered albums are general not as good as the older versions. I find it invaluable knowing which version I'm...
  3. D

Having tried every streaming service going, I'd bite Spotify's hand off if they offered 16/44 at 15 € a month.
  4. D

As much as I love Neil Young, sometimes you just want to put him against a wall and shoot him.
  5. D

Any women on this forum?

I always giggle at those 'my wife in the kitchen heard a night and day difference' posts/ reviews, giggle because obviously most of you nerds haven't even spoken to a woman in the last week. Well maybe to order a coffee or something. Some kind of winking eye emoji
  6. D

Poll: Do you use a subwoofer? (Explain why/why not)

Thanks for the help everyone. As a further note on the amp, as I understand the pre out is volume controlled, but there is no high pass filter to cut the bass (if that makes sense). Not sure what that means practically, I'm assuming it means you can't really set a crossover.
  7. D

Very useful. Any recommendations for small subs, something used would be ideal. Room is 5.5m x 4.5m. Is it possible to have subs on shelves?
  8. D

A 'no' from me, but very curious and would love some suggestions, the normal 'audiophile' sites just add more confusion for me. Because: 1. I'm running a rega elex r into Harbeth P3sers, there seems to be no agreement on the best wave of connecting a sub to the amp. Any discussion has turned...
  9. D

Wearing headphones when out and about

I use noise cancelling headphones regularly in the street. If you live in a big city you get used to checking 6 times before you cross the street anyway. I'd never cycle or drive with them, that's just crazy. Anyway most jazz sounds better outside. On the corner is really something else when...
  10. D

Yamaha AS-1100 & AS-2200 integrated amplifier

I was kinda idly speculating about those Yamaha amps for future reference, the consensus of opinion seems to be that the AS2200 is not really worth the extra unless you really need balanced connectors. They sure are beauties though.
  11. D

DAC for Bluesound Node 2 with Tidal.

If it's any help I have a Bluesound node 2 and have wondered about using an external dac. I recently read comments from other people who have tried the RME adi-2 with it, bearing in mind that these people are the sort of people who usually 'hear' differences in cables, and .....no, they were...
  12. D

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

What on earth have the sound of guitars got to do with the sound of dacs?
  13. D

250 hours and 5 day ‘settling in’!

When I bought my last amplifier ( Rega elex R) I was horrified when I turned it on, even my wife ( a real wife, not one of those imaginary audiophile wives) said 'Omg how much did you spend on that?' 15 minutes later it was fine. Is there any actual science behind this? When I bought my last...
  14. D

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Can we not have some basic test before being allowed to post please?
  15. D

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

Much prefer speakers but public transport necessitates that 50% of my listening is on headphones and I love them too.
  16. D

Go on, recommend me some headphones

So, I went into my a few of my local electrical goods shops and had a listen, obviously the shops were pushing Bose, Sony and Beats as these were the only ones you could actually listen to before buying. Unfortunately the music was the usual r'n'b fare, so pretty difficult to get an idea of the...
  17. D

Well obviously when I asked for headphones with a 100€ budget I knew that I was going to be told I needed to spent 200€, I'm not as old as I'm cabbage looking. Feel free to fritter my money away up to that. Not being defensive, interesting between passive and active isolation...I had no...
  18. D

Well then recommend some as you seem to be an expert.
  19. D

Thanks for all the suggestions. When I say I want to block 70dB of noise I obviously don't mean completely! Just enough to enjoy my music in a non-critical way.
  20. D

I have to confess I don't want in ear things, should've mentioned that. I'll check out the AKGs. Was looking at the Sennheiser hd 4.40 bt ...any thoughts?
Top Bottom