Search results

1. L5730

Topping D10....why is silver cheaper than black??

Really? Both have been £65 for some time from Shenzhen Audio fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk. I noticed that Amazon UK recently started selling the black version themselves for £88 or so.
  2. L5730

Adding old vu meter in FOOBAR player

My instructions will be shoddy and full of errors, but I think it goes something like this: Install the vis_vumeter component. Create a new panel in fb2k interface. Add the VU meter component to the new panel. Pick a VU meter graphic.
  3. L5730

Has the Topping A50 headphone amp appeared yet?

This is an awesome idea for someone like me. I do think there should be a discreet mechanical switch, so folks who want to use the device as a pre-amp to control the volume of their active speakers or other audio chain down signal can. But for me, it would act as a straight through when...
  4. L5730

Topping D10 Setup Help

1. Open Foobar2000 2. Go to Prefs > Components 3. Unpack the SACD component zip file 4. Drag and drop the foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component file onto the foobar2000 prefs window and it should install. 5. fb2k should ask to be restarted. Fb2k can install simply packed components from their zip...
  5. L5730

Topping D10 Setup Help

Unpack the zip file... There are 2 components, and a ReadMe text file. :)
  6. L5730

Mother of all audio mechanisms

@RayDunzl Wow! Gadzooks! The first was 'quirky'. The second just sounds like a bunch of folks have walked into a studio, which was full of bottles of Absinthe. Once everyone was effectively tanked, they thought let's record this! :p It is somehow quite charming! :D
  7. L5730

Topping D10 Setup Help

You may the newer SACD component. Foobar2000, not that long ago, updated to version 1.4, and some stuff doesn't work. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/ Try v1.1.8 of the SACD component. If you can get PCM audio to play fine, do that. Then faff about with DSD afterwards...
  8. L5730

Mother of all audio mechanisms

Holy something, that was fun watching! Today's music playlist can be as good as infinite. Create a huge library of digital music, store it on a big HDD/Flash Memory or even cloud, and then let it all play with "repeat list" enabled. Something about that clunky mechanical engineering though...
  9. L5730

Topping D10 Setup Help

OK, I'll bite ;) English manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fcul5n607qw47f/d10.zip?dl=0&file_subpath=%2FD10+User%27s+Manual_EN.pdf Windows 7 and later, Driver download: http://www.tphifi.net/drivers/d10_manual_and_driver.zip The driver download zip has something of a manual to tell you how...
  10. L5730

Is Anyone Using a DEQ2496 As A Dynamic Tone Control?

In my opinion this album sounds very sterile and lacks a bit of 'analogue' colouration. I have the 78.5/84.5/74.1 ... version. Can't recall disc identifying specifics, it's ripped to HDD. It is rather handy to hear issues with headphones or such. Without a bit of EQ to tame a peak, my new...
  11. L5730

Has the Topping A50 headphone amp appeared yet?

Seen on head-fi in January this year. Note the "coming soon" in red. Looks nice. Maybe because of the JDS Labs Atom, they have held back and redesigned the thing? 6.35 mm (1/4") and 3.5 mm (1/8") unbalanced outputs 2.5 mm balanced output. 1000mV ... ? CNC Unibody.
  12. L5730

DT770 for £99 or not (have Pro82 v1)?

@solderdude thanks for your great input, again! @BigJim79 sure, I am not saying the Pro82 v1 sound bad. They sound pretty decent, but I don't have a metric to compare them against, other than stuff that is firmly in the 'crap' class of headphones/earbuds. I think I am falling into the pit...
  13. L5730

Not testing your patience ;) Modern tunes and bad sounds.

I'm trying be a little less pretentious than that guy. I also didn't grow up listening to a string quartet.
  14. L5730

Does the Pure Direct Button Really Enhance Sound Quality?

Sorry, for clarification, I meant, feeding 2 channel stereo and the DSP 'making up' something for the center channel. Bob Clearmountain mentions it when doing the 5.1 of Roxy Music's Avalon album... https://www.soundonsound.com/people/recording-remixing-roxy-musics-avalon I'm sure I read...
  15. L5730

DT770 for £99 or not (have Pro82 v1)?

So Amazon UK aren't exactly expensive for the Beyerdynamic DT770, 880 or 990 range. The worst they get to is £125, and mostly it's just a little over a square £100. With all of the reading I did before, I still can't get the Beyers out of my mind. I'm thinking the DT770 closed back 250 ohm...
  16. L5730

Without derailing, I'd love a pure direct button to cut through a politicians BS! Press a button on the TV and the politician's gain drops and has a voice over by someone saying "blah, blah, white lie, blah, blah, get country into more debt, blah, blah ..." :) Jeepers! I haven't looked at...
  17. L5730

Pure Direct on an all analogue integrated amplifier is only going to bypass the tone controls, loudness and maybe balance control. It should, I guess, slightly reduce any noise imparted through that circuit by having a pure direct path. In A/V amplifiers, the function can turn off a lot of DSP...
  18. L5730

Topping D10 vs D70 music presentation

That is very interesting! Just measured both of mine with a low-end meter and get just over 2v RMS on each channel. 1808xxxxxx serial numbers. For anyone wanting to check their DACs RMS voltage output, it's really easy with an AC measuring multimeter. Shove the black probe to the ground...
  19. L5730

Topping D10 vs D70 music presentation

An output voltage difference of 0.03v makes them roughly 0.12 dB different in level. Whilst this is small, and it certainly won't sound like a difference in volume/loudness, it could have some impact in how the sound is perceived. From my experience the louder one usually sounds more...
  20. L5730

Review and Measurements of Loxjie D10 DAC & HP Amp

Don't know if it has been mentioned but the Loxjie brand might be closely related to the Sabaj brand which is closely related to the S.M.S.L brand.
Top Bottom