Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

I am from Europe, so I went with the A30. The Celentos are IEMs, but they are dynamic drivers, so it should not matter too much.
  2. C

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

Is the A30 still recommended? Currently I own the following equipment: Headphones: Beyer Xelento (16 Ohms), Sennheiser HD58x (150 Ohms), Beyer T1 2nd (600 Ohms). Bookshelf speakers: E-MU XM7 DACs/Amps: Creative X7, Topping D30, Little Dot MK3, cheap Nobsound TPA3116 based speaker amplifier The...
  3. C

Headphone Amp and DAC suggestion needed.

A JDS Atom and a Khadas Tone board would probably give you the most value for their money.
  4. C

Topping D30 DAC Measurement and Review

It didn't work, which was expected since it still shares the same ground. I will stick to SPDIF.
  5. C

How is this supposed to eliminate the ground loop? It goes from Wall outlet -> power cable -> PC-> USB cable -> Topping D30 -> RCA-cable -> Little Dot -> power cable -> Wall outlet -> mains line. A simple USB hub will share the same ground.
  6. C

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

That's interesting. So in theory I could get a balanced amplifier, connect it to the SU-8 balanced output and connect my unbalanced tube amp to RCA. With a balanced-to-unbalanced adapter on the tube amp and balanced cables on the headphones I could have the best of both worlds. Probably too much...
  7. C

I got a Topping D30 for cheap. Since I am hooking it up to a Little Dot MKIII I unfortunately have a ground loop that I cannot eliminate completely by connecting the PC and the Liitle Dot to different wall outlets. What is the better option: Use SPDIF (whhich measures far worse then USB) or...
  8. C

Thanks hrbngr, but I am talking about the balanced headphone cables themselves. I do own the Beyer T1.2, Beyer Xelento and Sennheiser HD58x. The cheapest cable I could find was...
  9. C

Well, since Beyer and all 3rd party manufacturers are charging a fortune for a balanced cable and just every inch of my body despises the idea to any more then 30 EUR for a cable, I am going to stay unbalanced. A Topping D30 + JDS Atom is probably the best way to go in my use case.
  10. C

How does the SMSL-SU8 compare to the Topping D30 if I am not going to use balanced in the foreseeable future? I bought one from Amazon, but I can still return it and got a D30 for really cheap (50 EUR). I am going to hook it up to a Little Dot MKIII and I consider getting a THX AAA 789 on the...
  11. C

I did some blind AB-Tests with the SMSL SU-8 yesterday, comparing it to my Creative X7 using a passive switch and Virtual Audio cable and my girlfriend connecting the two DACs in random order, so I didn't know which switch setting was which DAC. There was absolutely no difference. I could not...
  12. C

Has anyone played with the little sounding options the DAC provides? What is the difference between the "rich" and the "Tube" EQ setting. Wahts the difference between "Standard" and "Original".
  13. C

My SU-8 will arrive on Saturday. It's kinda cool that Amazon has all SMSL products in stock in the EU. Is there an amp that matches the SU-8 in design and size, so I can build a nice fitting stack?
  14. C

Hi, sorry for the newbie question. I am in the market for a DAC that has to output in order to connect both my Little Dot MKII and a simple DOUK Audio speaker amplifier for my passive bookshelf speakers. Both amps have unbalanced rca inputs. Is it possible to connect the balanced output of the...
Top Bottom