Search results

1. amirm

Pass ACA Class A Power Amplifier Review

As they should be for anyone who thinks this amplifier is a gift from heaven because it has "class A" and "Nelson Pass" on it. It is anemic. Has lots of distortion. And wastes power for no good reason whatsoever. A lot of audiophiles are buying this amp not because they want to get into the...
  2. amirm

Yeh, I will never live that down. Good news is that I invented the wireless phone decades back in 1960s. I was young and my father had just bought this fancy new phone. When no one was around, I opened it and was fascinated by all the wires in there. I decided to cut all the wires and see...
  3. amirm

First, you should avoid getting upset. It is just about audio and inanimate objects. You lose your objectivity when you speak from point of emotion. As to your point, you cut out the context of what I said there. Someone mentioned the ACA sounds good. I asked if they had compared it to...
  4. amirm

Yeh right. Yeh right. :) Any other falsehoods we have to deal with regarding your intentions? People don't post in an argumentative way because they don't want anyone to believe them. They desperately need us to believe them or they would have wasted their time here.
  5. amirm

What cables do you use in your systems?

Posts deleted. Please stay away from politics, etc.
  6. amirm

SMSL SP200: Do We Get Golden Samples For Review?

Channel imbalance is worst when you operate the analog volume control at its minimum setting. So you just need to lower the volume enough on the DAC to get the usable range to be above minimum.
  7. amirm

JDS Labs EL AMP II Headphone Review

No. I mean that the headphone starts to run out of power handling/distorts before the amp does. I rather have an amp that never becomes the limit, whether it is speakers or headphones.
  8. amirm

JDS Labs EL DAC II Review

Technically correct filter would truncate at half the sampling rate which would be 22.05 kHz. The default filters instead roll off at 24 kHz.
  9. amirm

The color of the power button cycles between red, green and blue.
  10. amirm

Definitely so. :)
  11. amirm

Yes. I am part of the way through it.
  12. amirm

I have not looked but as far as I know, it is just a slight tweak so main ICs should be the same.
  13. amirm

Your point is generally correct although I had an easy time reaching to the back and changing it by feel.
  14. amirm

Thanks. Corrected.
  15. amirm

Nord Three SE 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amp Review

Usually DAC eval boards lack USB input so they are not usable in the market except for all in one low end ones.
  16. amirm

Nord Three SE 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amp Review

No it is different. An eval board for a DAC includes the DAC in it. The optional gain stage for Purifi is a separate board/module. I am sure if you put in a decent order for them, Purifi will supply them.
  17. amirm

Those sensitivity numbers are marketing specs. So don't run with them that way. Do you have a more powerful amplifier or this is your only experience with hifi?
  18. amirm

You should take a class in better communication so that we can figure out what you are saying. Are you typing on a phone or something?
  19. amirm

This is a review and detailed measurements of the JDS Labs EL AMP II Headphone Amplifier. It was kindly supplied to me by the company and is the companion to the EL DAC II I just reviewed. The EL AMP II costs US $249. JDS previously set a record with the Atom headphone amp which produced...
  20. amirm

No. AKM.
Top Bottom