Search results

1. ishouldbeking

Which USB out: laptop or dock USB jack?

Thanks, all. The differences I was hearing could be placebo, but it was interesting because I was directly A/B/C/Ding between the two USB jacks and the headphone jacks on the laptop and dock respectively (i.e., taking the DAC dongle out of the chain). There were significant differences between...
  2. ishouldbeking

Which USB out: laptop or dock USB jack?

After a recommendation on this site to consider using an Apple USB-C dongle as an external DAC (with a USB-C female to USB-A male adapter), I'm now curious if there's any reason to choose one USB output jack over another between the USB jacks on my thinkpad yoga vs the thinkpad onelink dock. I...
  3. ishouldbeking

Considering diving in: amp vs. amp/DAC question

Much appreciated. I do love my open-back Sennheiser 58x, which is what I use at work--definitely curious to try some more!
  4. ishouldbeking

This is all very helpful—thanks for all the responses. Even though I use the lightning dongle with my iPhone all the time, I hadn’t considered using the Apple USB-C dongle with my laptop. Possibly dumb follow up question: if I don’t have a USB-C port on my thinkpad, is there any issue adding...
  5. ishouldbeking

That is part of the plan, but the 770 and even my 58x (which I keep at work) can use up most of the usable volume from my dock's headphone jack. Figured it made sense to add some power to the equation and see how my existing cans perform.
  6. ishouldbeking

(Apologies if this is a double-post; I borked the last one.) Hi all. Long time reader, first time caller. I've been dabbling with headphones for years without taking the plunge into dedicated headphone amps or DACs, but as I start to consider more power hungry cans, I'm thinking it might be...
  7. ishouldbeking

Considering diving in: amp vs amp/DAC question

Hi all. Long time reader, first time caller. I've been dabbling with headphones for years without taking the plunge into dedicated headphone amps or DACs, but as I start to consider more power hungry cans, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade my source. I'm familiar with the various brands...
  8. ishouldbeking

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

Thanks for the review--all very interesting. Any plans to measure/review the Asgard 3? Sounds like the class-A/AB "Continuity" circuit from the Aegir and Lyr is also used in the newest iteration of the Asgard. I'm very curious to see how that pans out in an affordable headphone amp, particularly...
Top Bottom