Search results

1. D

Samsung USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

That's why you'll pry this iPhone SE from my cold dead hands. I'll buy another one refurbished if this one dies
  2. D

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Along with every Pink Floyd album. I can’t stand listening to wish you were here, if gapless isn’t working
  3. D

Review and Measurements of QuantAsylum QA401 Audio Analyzer

So looking at this UI, it looks very much like the national instruments LabView GUI. Does the vendor offer the ability to access this directly through LabView source code, or is it only via automation of their application's UI.
  4. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

That was me. Then I started using mine every day because I didn't like the new Red Dragon M1000 mkII I'd bought, so my motivation to have it measured was outweighed by my desire to use them every day.
  5. D

Best Portable Player

I didn’t realize the R3 could be an AirPlay endpoint. I thought it was meant to stream out as a client to other endpoints, like airports and appletv. This might actually be a good alternative since airplay supports lossless 44/16. Mainly would have to see if that could work on the go (I.e...
  6. D

Best Portable Player

I did try for a bit using the HiBy link app on my phone to connect/control the R3/mojo combo, but it was kind of buggy. I recently updated the R3 firmware and might give it another shot.
  7. D

Best Portable Player

I was looking at m11 vs r6 if I wanted to get a higher end dap, my old fiio x5 ii never really cut the mustard and I felt like they dropped the ball not fixing the existing firmware issues on it, and moving on to newer models. For a purely offline player, it's hard to beat my old ipod classic...
  8. D

Best Portable Player

putting either a HiBy R3 or iPod touch together with a Mojo has been a portable solution that allows me to drive all my headphones on the road. Of course if I'm just using IEMs or Grados, I can just drive them from the portable player alone, and not notice any difference. It only seems to...
  9. D

It might need a fan, if you run it into 4 Ohms mono
  10. D

Did you do the xlr mono input into 4 Ohms? They don't specify a power rating for mono into 4 Ohm, only for 8 Ohm.
  11. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit LYR 2 Amplifier

Indeed, it also works really well with my HE560, and even Aeons. Though I think I like the Aeons better with the THX789 or Jotunheim
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit LYR 2 Amplifier

From listening you probably would never notice a 2nd harmonic at -90 dB. The only headphones I don't use with this thing are IEMs, since I can hear the noise floor with those. But who knows why I'd even try using IEMs on something that can put several watts into them? It rocks out with a pair...
  13. D

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I'm just wondering if it's a 2V vs 4V input thing. When I get a chance to bring my DX7s home from work, I can try it with the 789 both with XLR and RCA to see if I get the same results. For now, it's either the Modi 3 or my iPhone headphone port directly as the source. Have been itching to the...
  14. D

if you feed it from RCA on the RME DAC, does it still clip on gain 3? I haven't tried feeding mine via the balanced inputs yet, since I read somewhere that there's really no advantage on this amp (converts XLR to SE and back again for XLR output. I only have to push HE560 as my most insenstive...
  15. D

??? You mean that you get no sound at all, or that the level sounds the same no matter the gain setting?
  16. D

Is there any difference in impedance measurable between outputs? The 1/4 and 1/8 SE outputs seem to have the same gain, so I’m assuming there’s not something weird going on with impedance like there is with the topping a30, for example.
  17. D

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

With something as easy to drive as the HD650, you probably wouldn't notice much difference. The THX is certainly more versatile, since the Magni struggles with really high sensitivity IEMS and the like, since even in low gain, you have to often turn down the pot to the point there is noticeable...
  18. D

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

The one I pre-ordered in June will arrive tomorrow according to FedEx!
  19. D

AP reports up for schiit power amps

Probably passes because the spec is 0.01% at rated power, which appears to be the case. And it seems like most of the noise is mains leakage.
  20. D

AP reports up for schiit power amps

https://www.schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/Schiit%20Amp%20APx555%20Standard%20Test%20Suite_%20Vidar.pdf https://www.schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/Schiit%20Amp%20APx555%20Standard%20Test%20Suite_%20Aegir.pdf No where near as nice looking as the Benchmark, but I wasn't going to spend $3k on an...
Top Bottom