• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone know if Purifi will also be producing an input board for this module, if the input board for the 400 will work?

OP
C

ctbarker32

Anyone know if Purifi will also be producing an input board for this module, if the input board for the 400 will work?
I don't know about a Purifi input board. Input boards for the ET400 module will not work with the ET7040 module. According to VTV, Purifi increased the pin count to 54 on the 7040.

OP
C

ctbarker32

2 questions:
- Did Darko allow you to copy/paste his interview from Putzeys in your video?
- why is there VTV in the title? Did they actively participate in the development from this module?
1. Fair use (only 1 min 40 sec was used from a 21 min video).
2. VTV built the amplifier with the 7040 modules I auditioned. I do not know if VTV consulted on the 7040.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1. Fair use (only 1 min 40 sec was used from a 21 min video).
2. VTV built the amplifier with the 7040 modules I auditioned. I do not know if VTV consulted on the 7040.
Is VTV selling the amp yet?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No. I had access to a preproduction unit. A 2022 product. Final pricing and delivery TBD.
Well...how did it sound? We've all been waiting for this and I suppose now it's here. It this the mono module we've been hearing about?

jamesoco

Yes, He has an updated input buffer board designed, that allows swapping input buffers.
He's waiting for delivery on the amps and expects to have final pricing and more details soon.

Last edited:

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I hope Purifi has their own input board available as well. Thanks for the info.

Kappa9a

Just recently auditioned the NAD c298 for about 2 weeks icm magnepan .7's but then I came across this news so now waiting for this to be released hoping it will be an even better match with my maggies.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do not know if VTV consulted on the 7040.
Well, I'm pretty sure they did not.:D
Just recently auditioned the NAD c298 for about 2 weeks icm magnepan .7's but then I came across this news so now waiting for this to be released hoping it will be an even better match with my maggies.
Sure, but do not expect this to come anywhere near 1ET400 amps in terms of pricing.
It this the mono module we've been hearing about?
It is. Purifi doesn't have any stereo module BTW.

RDSChicago

I have the Eval 1. Wondering how much more oomph the new module will have? Appreciably more powerful, especially with my 4 ohm speakers? Worth the upgrade?

Top Bottom