• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good German Hifi ?!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
It is not exactly the same thing, but the main thing for me is to understand the written language - for online, and when you go there, you can at least navigate, you can understand most signs. Then the next thing is pronunciation...
By the way, I found the right word there - dreck.

Dont think so you can google for Mannheimer dreck. ;)

JiiPee

Some respected German audio brands:
T+A, Vincent, Lehmann, Sennheiser, Burmester, Beyerdynamik, KS Digital, AVM, Dual, Acapella Audio, Audio Physic, Clearaudio, MBL, Phonar.

Willem

Major Contributor
And Neumann, AKG and in a lower segment of the market Teufel. I am sure there are others as well.

Katji

Major Contributor
Dont think so you can google for Mannheimer dreck. ;)
:D Maybe it needs the Scheiß with it...? ...But dreck works for me, sort of. I can't say it's English or English slang, but I know it, I think from my mother, and I would have guessed it is Yiddish.

But now I have found DW lessons, and I'm doing the placement test level A1 now. So far so good, but the numbers :confused: ...only when spoken slowly.

MisterOZ

Not to forget: Accustic Arts, Accuton, Backes und Müller, Gauder Akustik, Heco, Transrotor, Magnat, Quadral, Nubert, Lyravox, Visaton, Mundorf, Monacor, Abacus Audio, Symphonic Line…

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
If I go with my rather rickety Volvo to Germany, I thought I would also go to some museums. Feel free to suggest fun technical museums about technology, sound and so on.:)

These are both relatively close togheter, both worth a visit. Speyer has a lot of space stuff (biggest in europe), in Sinsheim you can access more planes and they have nice racecars.

Another thing on my list is https://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
What a lot of fun Hifi there is in Germany. :)
I know many brands, but there are a lot of new acquaintances. Thanks for the tip.:)
Also applicable to museums, fun. Hopefully more people will get tips and advice when they read this thread.

I'm a member of this museum:

I surfed around the website and I ended up here, book that can be downloaded in pdf format. So take the opportunity and surf on the museums' websites. With a little luck, you can find very interesting things about sound and Hifi:

The search for the perfect sound is almost a hundred years old.
Posted on November 21, 2020 by Viktor Ohlsson
In 1935, the English term high fidelity began to be used in Sweden, as a term for products with high-quality sound reproduction. The term was exactly right at the time when radios were sold in larger numbers, cinemas began to show sound film and music discs were recorded with new technology. Alf Björnberg, professor of musicology, talks about this in the publication "A credible illusion of music", which can be downloaded free of charge from the University of Gothenburg's website. The interest in speakers and the like with hi-fi quality culminated in the 1980s and 90s, to later be increasingly replaced by products where sound quality is not the most important thing.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
:D Maybe it needs the Scheiß with it...? ...But dreck works for me, sort of. I can't say it's English or English slang, but I know it, I think from my mother, and I would have guessed it is Yiddish.

But now I have found DW lessons, and I'm doing the placement test level A1 now. So far so good, but the numbers :confused: ...only when spoken slowly.

Number learning lesson. ;)

tomtoo

Major Contributor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-223710.png
    Screenshot_20211201-223710.png
    550.4 KB · Views: 68

Gurkerl

I started a similar thread a while ago, where I wanted to know about more about the lesser known German brands. Some discussion can be found here :)

Top Bottom