• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated amps made in the UK/US/EU

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sleek, elegant, space-saving, less cabling and stacking.

Plus, ok look. I just want something that looks like it's from the movie Forbidden Planet, to pair with my speakers that look like they're from Forbidden Planet. So I can watch Forbidden Planet with its 50s mono audio piped through 2021:

View attachment 168934

+

View attachment 168935

=

View attachment 168936

=

View attachment 168937
Seems like you are sold on the Rega. I have to say it is nice looking amplifier, and I like the speakers too. A little pricey but then you get the lifetime warranty (assuming you get that in Australia).

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to support manufacturing in countries which have decent wages and labour standards.
And its manufactured in Japan.
IMG_20201027_181339.jpg
IMG_20201028_135302.jpg

Denon PMA-A110 seems to fit, IMHO.

I had one (and a 2500NE) and it was a very good offering in AB Class for the money, no doubt way better performer than the Rega.

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you like the price, features and appearance of the Rega, then maybe you should buy it. Though the performance data is skimpy, it suggests that it's good enough to sound pretty much like any other reasonably well-designed amplifier, hopefully it doesn't run excessively hot.

Pickings are slim for integrated amplifiers not made in lower-wage countries, and they're often far more expensive (McIntosh, Luxman, Accuphase).
Linn Majik DSM and Perreaux may be worth a look too.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately not, AUD 11.2k vs 6k for the Rega over here.
I wonder why Bryston is so much marked up over there. Even compared to Anthem (also Canadian) looking on the same site (Class A Audio).

Anyway, I agree if you like the Rega it looks good to me too.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the thing. There is nothing remotely limiting about a well specified integrated amplifier. In fact, quite the opposite.
Non sequitur.

I didn't claim that integrated amps are "limiting." I asked why the poster was considering only integrateds rather than also considering separates.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Non sequitur.

I didn't claim that integrated amps are "limiting." I asked why the poster was considering only integrateds rather than also considering separates.
:facepalm: Reminding you exactly what you wrote:
Second question, why do you limit yourself to an "integrated" amp?

The OP's thread title is "integrated amps made in the UK/US/EU" and his first line is:
For a good and quite powerful integrated amp, my dealer has suggested the Rega Aethos.

Clearly he wants to discuss and likely purchase an INTEGRATED amplifier, wouldn't you say? Number one rule in sales: listen to the customer. He already has a good idea on what he is interested in.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
:facepalm: Reminding you exactly what you wrote:

The OP's thread title is "integrated amps made in the UK/US/EU" and his first line is:

Clearly he wants to discuss and likely purchase an INTEGRATED amplifier, wouldn't you say? Number one rule in sales: listen to the customer. He already has a good idea on what he is interested in.
Have a nice evening.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
What are your favorite modern pieces?
Ones with plenty of inputs, functionality, build quality and performance, such as these:

The top Yamahas. S701/1000/2100/2200/3000 etc
The top Denons
Some of the top Marantz's
The Rega the OP likes
Luxmans (they have new limited run L-595ASE, bet it costs two arms and a leg)
Accuphase.
The medium range Rotels as they are great value and well made.

Is that enough? :)

OP
J

Jake Cushing

Great stuff.

The T+A PA2000r integrated retails over here for $13k. :p

For that price, I would want actual T&A to burst out of the box when I open it.

Whereas the Rega is $6k. I couldn't find the other two locally. I've placed an order for the Rega with the local dealer. Supposedly will arrive December/Jan.

Very seriously tempted to on-send it to Amir...

Last edited:

dshreter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ones with plenty of inputs, functionality, build quality and performance, such as these:

The top Yamahas. S701/1000/2100/2200/3000 etc
The top Denons
Some of the top Marantz's
The Rega the OP likes
Luxmans (they have new limited run L-595ASE, bet it costs two arms and a leg)
Accuphase.
The medium range Rotels as they are great value and well made.

Is that enough? :)
Quite, thank you!

Top Bottom