• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Problem with most so called audiophiles is that they think through their wallet. They discard better measuring cheaper and smaller products quickly as cold sterile and clinical. They prefer looks,size and price more than performance. :p

..from v1.1 user guide :p

2021-11-28 09_17_43-funny PA5.xlsx - LibreOffice Calc.jpg

pma

Major Contributor

Tangband

Major Contributor
I guess that Topping uses a new class D chip thats very well implemented. I also guess many of us are interested in what chip is used inside.:)

Last edited:

F1308

Major Contributor
Amir is my real first name. AmirM w

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

No, no, and no.
This is not the end, nor is it even the beginning of the end; but, perhaps, the end of the beginning where the beginning simply began to end its very beginning.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Nango

Major Contributor
The pinning isn't allowed in the EU due to IEC 60320, despite it features de C E-sign which is curious enough, we won't see that in EU, only for the US allowed.

H-713

External power supply is somewhat of a PITA, but I suppose it satisfies those who want the tiniest thing on their desk.

What's the slew rate?

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
With this great performance, they should jazz it up a little with a size that doesn't result in the cables pulling the amp all over your desk. Maybe cable inputs people don't have to spend $50 to buy?

It seems a shame to waste the second best amplifier in the world for 1/10th the price of the competition not to be fully functional?

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@JohnYang1997 congrats on very good product and design decisions as full shielding over AMP IC and letting it breed all the way up to 10% THD. Would be nice to know which AMP IC is used or at least family it belongs to know would you treat us with more powerful ones in the future.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
£350 delivered from Amazon UK, not available until at least 15th January though.

I might give it a try.

Top Bottom